ZOOM Discussion Thread

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Reminder that the Poetry Jam Zoom session is this Sunday. Don't forget to RSVP to WilliamJones if you'd like to attend!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

TriciaG wrote: December 15th, 2020, 4:58 pm Reminder that the Poetry Jam Zoom session is this Sunday. Don't forget to RSVP to WilliamJones if you'd like to attend!
Thank you, Tricia!
The Poetry Slam (Zlam?) will start at 3pm Central Time.
The Zoom sign-on link will be posted tomorrow, Wednesday, 16 December by our lovely and talented Zoom Events Czarina, msfry/Michele Fry.

-- Bill Jones (williamjones)
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: December 15th, 2020, 5:33 pm
TriciaG wrote: December 15th, 2020, 4:58 pm Reminder that the Poetry Jam Zoom session is this Sunday. Don't forget to RSVP to WilliamJones if you'd like to attend!
Thank you, Tricia!
The Zoom sign-on link will be posted tomorrow, Wednesday, 16 December by our lovely and talented Zoom Events Czarina, msfry/Michele Fry.

I think it is the guest host's job to create or post the link. I just verify that our calendar is clear for your preferred time slot, and you have clearance for sure for this Sunday 3 p.m. CST. I look forward to attending and have a few poems ready. I hope some others show up for our first ever Librivox Cafe Poetry Slam. When the announcement is posted, I'll go over the the Poetry projects and give a heads up for the event. :D
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

That's 9pm the same day, GMT, from the time calculator that I've looked at.

I should be able to be there.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

msfry wrote: December 16th, 2020, 12:25 pm
Thank you, Tricia!

I think it is the guest host's job to create or post the link. I just verify that our calendar is clear for your preferred time slot, and you have clearance for sure for this Sunday 3 p.m. CST. I look forward to attending and have a few poems ready. I hope some others show up for our first ever Librivox Cafe Poetry Slam. When the announcement is posted, I'll go over the the Poetry projects and give a heads up for the event. :D
The announcement was posted days ago. :) Or are you referring to the sign-on info that needs to be added?
msfry

Post by msfry »

TriciaG wrote: December 16th, 2020, 1:47 pm
The announcement was posted days ago. :) Or are you referring to the sign-on info that needs to be added?
This is a work in progress, Tricia. What we need is an invitation with a Join Link in it.
Bill is the test case to be sure a guest host can generate such a code using Phil's account. Let him do it, please. He and I were supposed to hook up today to practice, but he got sidetracked with family stuff. Maybe tomorrow.
Then you or Phil can Post it to the Announcement Thread. :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Okie dokie. 8-)
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

TriciaG wrote: December 16th, 2020, 1:47 pm
msfry wrote: December 16th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Thank you, Tricia!

Yes, the sign-on for attendees to use to join the group.
I'll be posting that later this evening after picking up my granddaughter from a teen meeting down in Naples.

Thanks again.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Looking forward to this. I actually managed to put together a poem for this Zoom event. It’s a good thing I don’t write poems for a living. I would starve to death. :)
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

FINALLY: THE ZOOM INVITE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR:
THE FIRST LIBRIVOX POETRY SLAM !!!

Sunday 20 December 2020 at 3pm, Central Time.
Read your treasured poems, Cackle over your ribald limericks.
Move the audience to tears.
Librivoxers are encouraged to come recite a handful of their own poems.
Each poem recited should be no longer than four minutes or in length.
If things slow down near the end of our time, maybe some poems from Librivox projects can be read.

Audiences are god's gift to poets ==> BE ONE, BE THERE !!!
Sunday at 3pm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88427893337
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Tricia, will you please post Bill's notice to the Announcement Thread. I've sent it over to the Fortnightly Poetry Suggestions forum, too.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I already did as you were typing this. :)
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Are listeners welcome to this one? I never have been very good at writing poetry, to the point where i simply refused to write it at school :lol: however, if i'm free at that time i wouldn't mind observing, if that's allowed :D
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

ashleighjane wrote: December 20th, 2020, 9:05 am Are listeners welcome to this one? I never have been very good at writing poetry, to the point where i simply refused to write it at school :lol: however, if i'm free at that time i wouldn't mind observing, if that's allowed :D
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Listeners are god's gift to poets!!
Without an audience poets nothing.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Enjoyed today’s session. I didn’t mention it at the time as we were busy, but Peter mentioned recording “Hiawatha”. Several years ago I downloaded it for my mother-in-law, who liked the poem. She was losing her eyesight and wanted to listen to it. I put it in Audacity and connected the poem together, editing out all the introductions, etc. She said she enjoyed listening to it a lot. Thank you, Peter. :)

Hope more people join us at the next session.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚