LIBRIVOX NARRATOR WORKSHOP! [Zoom, Oct 10]

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
VoodooDoll

Post by VoodooDoll »

Hello!

I am new here and looking for some tips and tricks. Do you have any spots still open? I cannot seem to message you either so, you might need to reach out to me first!
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Both your PMs appear to be live. I've sent you PMs.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'd like join in the fun, but as a lurker mostly. My voice is shot.

Is there room for me, too? (I do not want to take a place of someone who can better contribute.)

Kevin
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

KevinS wrote: October 10th, 2020, 3:54 pm I'd like join in the fun, but as a lurker mostly. My voice is shot.

Is there room for me, too? (I do not want to take a place of someone who can better contribute.)

Kevin
PM sent with deets.

My website
My Librivox reader page
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

sjmarky wrote: October 10th, 2020, 4:00 pm
KevinS wrote: October 10th, 2020, 3:54 pm I'd like join in the fun, but as a lurker mostly. My voice is shot.

Kevin
PM sent with deets.
Beets?! My mother tried to get me to eat them pickled. I was very adamant in saying 'no.'

I'll come anyway, I guess.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

What a remarkable time. (And I apologize for having to leave the meeting before its close.)

Mark, your talent is clear and you were very much a positive influence upon us. You encouraged us to stretch ourselves and to feel free to experiment. Thanks very much!
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

KevinS wrote: October 10th, 2020, 7:11 pm What a remarkable time. (And I apologize for having to leave the meeting before its close.)

Mark, your talent is clear and you were very much a positive influence upon us. You encouraged us to stretch ourselves and to feel free to experiment. Thanks very much!
Thanks, Kevin. The first outing was a little rough, but I think I can make improvements going forward.

My website
My Librivox reader page
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Due to time constraints, not everyone got a chance to do a live read at tonight's narrator workshop. Consequently, I'm offering any of the participants a private 1-on-1 Zoom session. PM if interested.

My website
My Librivox reader page
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Thank you Mark for taking the time to put this together. :clap:
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

sjmarky wrote: October 10th, 2020, 8:05 pm
KevinS wrote: October 10th, 2020, 7:11 pm What a remarkable time. (And I apologize for having to leave the meeting before its close.)

Thanks, Kevin. The first outing was a little rough, but I think I can make improvements going forward.
The session was fantastic. I think it went very smoothly with little room for improvement.....did I say that right?
Very much appreciated! Looking forward to many more.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I agree, it was excellent. Just that slide show was very informative for me and the live demos reinforced it. I might, just possibly might, begin pausing a bit more at punctuation. And be intense much better. Who knows?
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

It was wonderfully put together and I really enjoyed listening to the reading and suggestions for improvement for everyone (including myself!). I learned so much!
Thank you, thank you, thank you Mark!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
tamtaj

Post by tamtaj »

tamtaj wrote: October 10th, 2020, 3:20 am Hi! I'm new here and cant's use the PM function just yet. I was wondering whether I could also receive an audio copy of the session. Since it is held 4 AM my time, I will not be able to participate, but would love to listen to it to prepare for my test recording and overall librivox volunteer life.)))
Cheers!
Tamta
@sjmarky replying to your personal message here :D still haven't got PM function available, but thanks for your message. I am from Tbilisi, Georgia (Europe) and 4 AM is still considered midnight here not an early morning :D So I could not attend the session. If you got the permission to record from the participants, I would still love to receive it. If not, no worries, I'll start as every other newbie has with an amateur test recording and will improve with time (hopefully) :)
Best,
Tamta
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

Please do this again! I would love to participate in a narrator workshop! Maybe do this a couple times a year - I joined a month AFTER this last one!
Thanks!
BeckyWTX
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

I might just do that. Have some free time coming up.

My website
My Librivox reader page