When is the Next Zoom Meeting? The World Wants to Know!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
EltonTheSnowman
Posts: 101
Joined: November 11th, 2019, 12:10 pm
Location: Croatia

Post by EltonTheSnowman » September 24th, 2020, 9:05 am

Scarbo wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 6:23 am
I've been here less time than you and they haven't kicked me out of any meetings yet! :D
That sounds encouraging :)
philchenevert wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 6:48 am
Everyone is welcome who wants to talk about their LibriVox experience. I love to hear from 'new' people because they have fresh eyes and can tell me what was hard for them at the start so I can make more videos!.
I’d be happy to provide you with new conundrums to tackle! :wink:
KevinS wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 8:01 am
You know---and I hate being serious about anything---but balancing LivriVox volunteerism and family commitments and employment would be an interesting topic to add to a zoom discussion.
I definitely agree, that would be a good discussion topic.
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx

KevinS
Posts: 8952
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » September 24th, 2020, 9:37 am

I know my job as an escort for wealthy heiresses to the theatre and opera kept me pretty busy.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

msfry
Posts: 7230
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » September 24th, 2020, 1:09 pm

KevinS wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 8:01 am
You know---and I hate being serious about anything---but balancing LivriVox volunteerism and family commitments and employment would be an interesting topic to add to a zoom discussion. I don't know how people do it. When I was working, 'free time' was spent mowing the lawn. I read at night tucked into bed. Saturday was for shopping, Sunday church. I really admire the folks who seem to manage all that and contributing to LV, too!
I used to be able to run rings around myself -- work, family, home, clubs, pets, parties, hobbies, travel. I can't do that anymore, and can't imagine how I ever did it.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

ColleenMc
Posts: 1627
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » September 26th, 2020, 1:10 pm

KevinS wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 9:37 am
I know my job as an escort for wealthy heiresses to the theatre and opera kept me pretty busy.
Well that explains how active you have been in Librivox since the pandemic shut all that down! Did you have to set up an OnlyFans for your clients to admire you in evening clothes and have sophisticated conversations?

:lol:

Colleen

KevinS
Posts: 8952
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » September 26th, 2020, 1:25 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 1:10 pm
KevinS wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 9:37 am
I know my job as an escort for wealthy heiresses to the theatre and opera kept me pretty busy.
Well that explains how active you have been in Librivox since the pandemic shut all that down! Did you have to set up an OnlyFans for your clients to admire you in evening clothes and have sophisticated conversations?

:lol:

Colleen
The secret is to simply listen.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19457
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » September 26th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Kevin, can you attend the zoom meeting tomorrow at noon central time? We need your voice about poetry since no one else seems to know anything about it. I sure don't. Unless you count limericks but that is another story.

Also, I am experimenting with 'teaching' using zoom tomorrow at 10. This is a simple toe-in-the-water to see if new people might want to learn about basic things like the Checker program, Audacity, microphone, and things like that. Tomorrow I will be showing how to use Checker for volume. I discovered that a 'reccuring' meeting gives me an invite that can be used at any time over and over again. Cool. I may have it bronzed.
video of our Zoom 10/18/2020 https://youtu.be/OtvgxviSrTw

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

KevinS
Posts: 8952
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » September 26th, 2020, 1:39 pm

philchenevert wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 1:36 pm
Kevin, can you attend the zoom meeting tomorrow at noon central time? We need your voice about poetry since no one else seems to know anything about it. I sure don't. Unless you count limericks but that is another story.

Also, I am experimenting with 'teaching' using zoom tomorrow at 10. This is a simple toe-in-the-water to see if new people might want to learn about basic things like the Checker program, Audacity, microphone, and things like that. Tomorrow I will be showing how to use Checker for volume. I discovered that a 'reccuring' meeting gives me an invite that can be used at any time over and over again. Cool. I may have it bronzed.
I'm planning on it. I will try to organize my thoughts beforehand.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19457
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » September 29th, 2020, 11:50 am

Our next LibriVox Zoom meeting is this coming Sunday at NOON central time. (and will be for two more weeks) the invite is in my signature.
Topics:
1) Phil C will demonstrate his creaky and slower method of editing and answer questions from the audience. (must be 8 or older to watch this)(about 12 minutes).

2) Michele Fry will show us her two methods of getting word counts for projects. Discussion about the best way of doing this will ensue and others are welcome to share how they do it. Also best lengths for sections: what are they?

3) Dramatic Readings!!! by MightyFelix (Devora) will start about 12:30 or when she can join us. How are DR's set up? How are they chosen? How hard is it to split up the lines? How are the roles or parts assigned? Who does the editing and how do they piece 'em together? Oh, sooo many questions about this exciting area of our site. How many Dramatic Readings have we published by the way? anyone knows?

as you can see we have lots of LibriVoxy things that will be demonstrated and talked about but as usual, chit-chat is welcome and all pets should be introduced.
video of our Zoom 10/18/2020 https://youtu.be/OtvgxviSrTw

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

KevinS
Posts: 8952
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » September 29th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Phil, you forgot the best news of all! I won't be lecturing!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19457
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » October 3rd, 2020, 7:53 am

The Next ZOOM LibriVox Fun Meeting will be SUNDAY OCT 4 - NOON - central time USA (that's tomorrow )

Bring popcorn! Come mingle with your fellow LibriVoxers. Take a break from work!! (This episode brought to you by the letters P and T)

1 -12:00 -12:15 Phil will start of by demonstrating his creaky method of editing a track with Audacity.
2- 12:15 - 12:30 - Michele will talk about counting those words. All are welcome to share their methods.
3- 12:30 - whenever. MightyFelix will explain what goes on behind that mysterious curtain of Dramatic REadings! I have asked her to start from the beginning for those of us who just listen in awe to the wonderful plays and DRs they produce. All DR people are welcome to share and emote if they want to.

Disclaimer: all of this carefully constructed timetable is hilariously apt to fall apart at any time but it will go on nevertheless. i rely on Kevin to supply comic relief. The management is not responsible for pets.
video of our Zoom 10/18/2020 https://youtu.be/OtvgxviSrTw

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

Frank249942
Posts: 20
Joined: December 22nd, 2017, 2:45 am

Post by Frank249942 » October 4th, 2020, 10:22 am

Am I missing the secret handshake to get into the meeting? :D

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 47793
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » October 4th, 2020, 10:30 am

Frank249942 wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 10:22 am
Am I missing the secret handshake to get into the meeting? :D
Check Phil's signature in his posts.
Mystery/PulpFic: Dope, by Sax Rohmer
The one that started them all: Self-Help, by Samuel Smiles
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6464
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 4th, 2020, 10:31 am

Trying to join now, and I'm getting the message, "The host has another meeting in progress." :hmm:

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 47793
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » October 4th, 2020, 10:34 am

Yeah, I just tried it and got the same result. Looking for another post/meeting ID...
Mystery/PulpFic: Dope, by Sax Rohmer
The one that started them all: Self-Help, by Samuel Smiles
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6464
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 4th, 2020, 10:35 am

I imagine the problem might be with Phil's Zoom settings. Hoping he sees this, or they won't get their DR presentation from yours truly! :lol:

Locked