Zoom?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi JayKitty! So glad you might join us. I do not know how 10 am EST translates to California time. 7 am sounds right but please rely on someone who can actually tell the time, not me. Please get up early and jump in!! :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Times are 10 Eastern, 9 Central, 8 Mountain, then 7 Pacific. Pacific participants can bring coffee ☕ and donuts 🍩.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

MaryinArkansas wrote: September 4th, 2020, 2:26 pm Times are 10 Eastern, 9 Central, 8 Mountain, then 7 Pacific. Pacific participants can bring coffee ☕ and donuts 🍩.
:lol: :lol: Thanks for clarifying :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Just a reminder that tomorrow at this time (9 Central, 10 Eastern) I will be hosting a ZOOM get together of any Librivox devotee who wishes to jump in for a minute or two and talk about your experience in LibriVox.

I would like each person to say who they are, what their Forum name is, where they are located and what they are working on in LibriVox at this time OR what they do. All optional of course but I enjoy putting faces to names.

Agenda is open for suggestion but one thing will be a description of the Cover Art process; to me it's magic but it takes a lot of talented work to make those covers. Gripes, suggestions, comments are all welcome. Here is the invite again:

Phil Chenevert is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: LibriVox Chit Chat
Time: Sep 7, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74856387224?pwd=cjZLVGR2d2ZhOWdzQXNyU3N4ZlpNUT09

Meeting ID: 748 5638 7224
Passcode: 44TaYN
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

IgLatinpay?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

KevinS wrote: September 6th, 2020, 9:15 amIgLatinpay?
IgLatinpay is not allowed. Neither is Klingon. This will be a respectable gathering.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

The meeting starts in about 20 minutes for me (it's 6:42am over here.) Just making sure, is it all right if I show up but don't have my camera on?
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, I won't stop you! :D
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

That was so much fun! The free-ranging conversation was a delight!
I hope I'm free to join in on some future zoom gatherings, if I'm not at work when they are scheduled.
(As to the camera question, I don't even have a camera. But it seems to work just fine with only a mic.)
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

It worked fine! What a wonderful group of people and lots of great experience to share. I'm sorry I did not know how to record the meeting and so all that wisdom is lost forever. But next meeting I definitely will record and make a podcast or something. Thanks to all who joined. Jaykitty, you were very early and we love you. :thumbs:
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Yes, it was fun. I learned a lot. For example, I had always assumed that Algy Pug was the name of a pet dog. 🐶

I liked learning about the book covers. They are very important. There have been times when I've bought a book because I liked the cover. (I'm talking about my usual book buying, which are old books at the library sale.) The author Louise Penny, who has a Facebook page, has posted about choosing covers for her upcoming books and how important a good cover is for the sale of a book. Also, I had no idea that the fonts for LibriVox covers also have to be copyrighted. I'd never thought about that.

There wasn't time for me to say what LibriVox project I'm working on. Actually, none right now. However, I am listening to "Cobb's Anatomy" read by some guy in Louisiana. :D

Thanks Phil and everyone!
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

philchenevert wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:58 am It worked fine! What a wonderful group of people and lots of great experience to share. I'm sorry I did not know how to record the meeting and so all that wisdom is lost forever. But next meeting I definitely will record and make a podcast or something. Thanks to all who joined. Jaykitty, you were very early and we love you. :thumbs:
Aww, thanks, Phil :9: I liked how you all were saying we should be patient with all the newbies-- you were one of the first admins I met when I joined and I definitely didn't read all the instructions, I was one of the "exuberant" ones :lol: you were always really patient with me and never harsh, so thank you for that.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

That is sweet of you to say Rachel. (Don't tell anyone else, but you always were my favorite, I loved your enthusiasm and willingness to try new things. And you still have it!!)
Aww, thanks, Phil :9: I liked how you all were saying we should be patient with all the newbies-- you were one of the first admins I met when I joined and I definitely didn't read all the instructions, I was one of the "exuberant" ones :lol: you were always really patient with me and never harsh, so thank you for that.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Sorry I couldn't pop in this morning, but between the heat and the smoke we had just a small window of time to get some things done before the outdoors become unbearable. Maybe next time.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

sjmarky wrote: September 7th, 2020, 9:21 am Sorry I couldn't pop in this morning, but between the heat and the smoke we had just a small window of time to get some things done before the outdoors become unbearable. Maybe next time.
Heat and smoke? YOu have fires going on there? We did miss you. Maybe next time.