Zoom?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I thought about joining, but we went geocaching instead. (A couple hours of hiking, bushwhacking, and finding containers hidden in the woods.) Glad to hear it went well!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

TriciaG wrote: September 7th, 2020, 11:57 am I thought about joining, but we went geocaching instead. (A couple hours of hiking, bushwhacking, and finding containers hidden in the woods.) Glad to hear it went well!
Oh you lucky girl. geocaching is fun; especially those huge spider webs and other lovely things in the woods. We missed you but you definitely chose the better path!! Hope you found some and put them back.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Found all 11 out of 11 looked for, and didn't leave with any of 'em. :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

TriciaG wrote: September 7th, 2020, 12:05 pm Found all 11 out of 11 looked for, and didn't leave with any of 'em. :lol:
11? wow. Many years ago when I did this with the grandchildren we were lucky to find 2 in an outing. But then we were using some very outdated equipment to use as satellite finders and compasses. I suppose smart phones have replaced all those bulky things we lugged around. Anyway, I'm glad you are out having fun. (Wish I could) :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

TriciaG wrote: September 7th, 2020, 12:05 pm Found all 11 out of 11 looked for, and didn't leave with any of 'em. :lol:
That's great! We used to geocache a lot. Not really sure when the magic started to fade, but it's been a few years, I think, since we've been. We did go out for a hike today, but of course, the weather's nicer when you start early in the day.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

As ordered, I have drawn up the yet to be approved minutes to this morning's Zoom meeting.

Meeting called to order.

Phil wanted his gavel but it could not be found. Claims that it was hidden from him were roundly denied. Phil insisted that there be a meeting of the whole to investigate the matter but Todd called out 'point of order,' which no one seemed to understand, no lawyers being present, or admitting to it, and the subject was changed to beverages and ideal container sizes. This sparked lively debate; however, no motion was made so that matter was dropped after a time.

It was then suggested that bagels be provided for the next meeting, which led to a fierce discussion of how one pronounced 'schmear.' More accurately, the argument centered on the exact definition of a 'schmear.' A motion to table the matter was seconded and unanimously approved.

Kevin was asked if he were taking notes, to which he replied 'no,' so he was elected to the task (and with no hope of remuneration.) Only one member (whose name should be obvious) voted against this unconstitutional motion (and second) by the executive committee.

After this, quite a lot of interesting, helpful, and entertaining LibriVox matters were discussed, but Kevin was still steaming so he wasn't paying attention.

First item on the agenda for the next meeting is the selection of a new recorder and the possible expulsion of a member whose name was not revealed except by a lot of pointing at Kxxxxx (Full name redacted.)

A good time was had by all.

For the Chairman,
KevinS
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

:lol: :lol: :lol: HA HA That is soooo funny Kevin. You should write a column. Oh, and by the way, you were elected permanent secretary and sergeant at arms for all ZOOM meetings until 2129 so keep you pen handy to take minutes again. You are welcome. And I was sitting on my gavel - who wouldda thought?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

"Once in, never out."
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... It's just like my mama used to say: "You can dress 'em up, but you can't take 'em anywhere."
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

It's just like my mama used to say: "You can dress 'em up, but you can't take 'em anywhere."

That is hilarious Mary. We got to stop this cluttering up the forums just having fun.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Probably true. We do need to start a new forum for the next Zoom meeting, once we figure out when that's going to be. Any ideas for a subject matter yet?
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

MaryinArkansas wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:08 pm Probably true. We do need to start a new forum for the next Zoom meeting, once we figure out when that's going to be. Any ideas for a subject matter yet?
I will be doing a demonstration of how to turn on a blue screen in zoom. This is an attempt to see if zoom can be helpful in teaching one on one in librivox for other stuff. This will require me to make my desktop visible, something I'm not quite confortable with how to do yet. I am interested in impromptu Zoom meetings, one on one. are they possible? Other possible topics: the author you find easiest to read; the author you find hardest. Using the Book suggestions forum to find good stuff; how you go about finding future books to record; how do you keep pronunciation consistent through the section/book?
Any ideas?
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Oh drats! I’m sad I missed the zoom today! Would have been fun to be there as a relatively new LibriVox member and hear from more experienced readers.

A possible topic for future Zooms might be how do people keep their projects (reading and proof listening) organized. I know we have a reader page that helps with organization, but do people use other methods? If that was covered today, I apologize, but as my list of LibriVox obligations grows I do spend time pondering how to best keep track of it all.

Will be in the look out for the next Zoom!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

jennlea wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:56 pm Oh drats! I’m sad I missed the zoom today! Would have been fun to be there as a relatively new LibriVox member and hear from more experienced readers.

A possible topic for future Zooms might be how do people keep their projects (reading and proof listening) organized. I know we have a reader page that helps with organization, but do people use other methods? If that was covered today, I apologize, but as my list of LibriVox obligations grows I do spend time pondering how to best keep track of it all.

Will be in the look out for the next Zoom!
I will post it in this Forum. You have excellent questions and the sharing is wonderful as to how we all handle the many things in LibriVox. My method is highly secret but I will share it next week in ZOOM so stay tuned. 8-)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

jennlea wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:56 pm I know we have a reader page that helps with organization, but do people use other methods?
What I do is check the activity of the threads I've posted in, by going to "Your posts" from the top left menu (essentially search.php?search_id=egosearch ). Then once in a while I do check the reader page in case there are posts I missed or left for later and forgot about.
I know some people subscribe to threads and check their subscriptions, or receive emails whenever there are new posts.