Librivox playlists and recommendations

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
speakhub

Post by speakhub » July 2nd, 2020, 6:34 am

Hey all,
I wanted to understand where do you listen to the audiobooks from librivox? Do you download them and listen on your personal device ? Or instead directly on the website of librivox ?
I ask this to better understand how to create, save and share a playlist for librivox. I have come across many amazing posts by individuals who write their picks from the librivox catalog but these posts are spread all over and are not easy to be shared directly like a playlist ( a great example here)

I built an app to allow users to search and listen to librivox content only using voice commands and to support that app I built a catalog page for librivox as well (http://audiobookreader.app/)

And now I am wondering if it would be useful to add a functionality allowing people to create their own favorites/playlists and (optionally) share that playlists with others as well.

What are your thoughts ?

schrm

Post by schrm » July 9th, 2020, 10:56 am

speakhub wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 6:34 am
Hey all,
I wanted to understand where do you listen to the audiobooks from librivox? Do you download them and listen on your personal device ? Or instead directly on the website of librivox ?
I ask this to better understand how to create, save and share a playlist for librivox. I have come across many amazing posts by individuals who write their picks from the librivox catalog but these posts are spread all over and are not easy to be shared directly like a playlist ( a great example here)

I built an app to allow users to search and listen to librivox content only using voice commands and to support that app I built a catalog page for librivox as well (http://audiobookreader.app/)

And now I am wondering if it would be useful to add a functionality allowing people to create their own favorites/playlists and (optionally) share that playlists with others as well.

What are your thoughts ?
i don't use any apps anymore, i listen to the books on archive or play them in vlc.
i have many bookmarks in various bookmark-folders, some books in my google drive and on my phone...
so, a sort of todo list, tiddlywiki, "listen later" etc would be really nice... archive has this, or at least some workaround solutions, but i don't use them.

and for sharing that... i'm not the best to claim that, but i think something like some music-apps do?
maybe a sort of export this list, or print the filetitles in this folder?

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!

en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische