Feature request: more project types in the template generator

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland » June 23rd, 2020, 2:46 am

I recently started BCing a single author poetry project. I generated the code for the project using the New Project Template Generator. I was aware that an abbreviated disclaimer was permissible for poetry and other short works, so I tried to find the acceptable text somewhere on the forum. As I couldn't find it right away (perhaps not being as patient as some others), I instead went and copied the disclaimer from another project. I copied it incorrectly. Long story short, the volunteers are having to fix their files.

Now, one obvious solution to this problem is that I should be more attentive. However, if I am still making errors like this after BCing projects on LV for 7 years, it leaves this fool thinking that a more foolproof solution is needed.

The Template Generator allows us to choose Solo, Collaborative, Dramatic Work, Poetry - Weekly, and Poetry - Fortnightly projects. Different disclaimer texts are outputted when we choose different project types. I probably chose Collaborative as best fitting my project, hence why the original disclaimer wasn't quite right and why I had to manually edit it.

It occurs to me that one possible way of avoiding mistakes would be to update the Template Generator so that it includes Poetry Collection - Single Author / Poetry Collection - Anthology.

Full disclosure: I have made feature requests in the past and the atmosphere in the thread soured almost immediately. I hope that wouldn't happen in this case, but as I don't especially want to get into a discussion about this (preferring simply to make the feature request), I hope you don't mind if I do a post-and-dash and not check the thread for updates. I'm happy to leave it to any admins to implement the change or not as they see fit.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » June 23rd, 2020, 3:58 am

I hope you have misunderstood the previous responses - there are a number of changes we would make if we could - but we cannot at present, we can only add them to a list . I'm not sure how many variations it would be possible to have listed in the template generator without making it unusable but that is a matter for the future .

Anne