I've made a tool to synchronize audiobooks with text

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
r4victor

Post by r4victor »

Hi! I'd like to share with you a tool I've made called syncabook to synchronize audiobooks with text and create read-along ebooks using open EPUB3 format. This is basically an open-source alternative for proprietary solutions like Amazon's Whispersync.

I've developed it primarily to produce such ebooks for LibriVox recordings. Here is a repository containing those that have already been synchronized: https://github.com/r4victor/synclibrivox.

I'd like to get your feedback on the project. Especially, I'd like to know if you have any experience listening to EPUB3 with Media Overlays ebooks and know of readers that support this feature well. I use Readium and Menestrello. Unfortunately, the former is going to be deprecated and the latter is inactive for quite a while.

Looking forward to answer your questions.
Last edited by r4victor on June 1st, 2020, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I have no idea what you're talking about. I will wait for others to pose intelligent questions.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We have had requests for text linked to our recordings - it would be handy for word challenged readers and for language learners. But if it's software you are wanting to know about then the names added to the headings may catch someone's eye.

Anne