Feedback from listeners

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Patrick79

Post by Patrick79 »

Hi
I don't know how to report but my audio books haven't had any new feedback for over a year. Is there a tech hitch.

Thanks
Patrick79
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Could you be a bit more specific as to what kind of feedback you're expecting, where and on what books? You know, things that would make a precise answer easier?

In general:
We do not have any influence on feedback and how much you'll get and where.

LibriVox itself does not have a "feedback" function as we do not allow unsolicited criticism on our forums or on the website.

There is a review funcion on archive, where our completed books are stored, but most of our books do not get any kind of reviews. What you do get there is a download count which may help in gauging interest in your books, but that count is not precise by far.

Our books can end up on many other platforms like on the librivox app (which, despite the name is not connected to us at all), or youtube or goodreads to name a few. These platforms do allow feedback, so this is where you may want to look.

I'm moving this over to "suggestions and comments" since lack of feedback is not an error, but pretty much a built-in function on here.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Patrick79 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 4:37 am I don't know how to report but my audio books haven't had any new feedback for over a year. Is there a tech hitch.
"New feedback"? Have they got any? Then you're in the rare elite group. Let's hope that this necessity to stay at home will get more folks downloading and maybe even listening to our recordings, and perhaps the most vocal ones will feel compelled to share their opinion on what they have listened to. I dare think that only if it's well above (or well below) their expectations, the listeners might consider inviting (warning) others to (from) listening to the book they just finished...

Over the years I was only mentioned once by name in a review, had a couple thank-you posts, and took part in a few group projects that received some kind of praise. Some of my archived solos are in somebody's "favorite" lists. That will keep me going for some time :)

Or perhaps I didn't understand what feedback you meant... Sorry for that, then.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

You have to be a bit thick-skinned to look for feedback outside the LibriVox site. I occasionally look on archive.org and on youtube for recordings carrying my name, and although there are quite a few compliments, there are also some less enthusiastic responses.

How about "This is horrible.", which is the last comment on my Alice in Wonderland recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4QcU-8LnZk&t=108s

I couldn't resist leaving an answer.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Peter Why wrote: March 29th, 2020, 1:37 pm You have to be a bit thick-skinned to look for feedback outside the LibriVox site. I occasionally look on archive.org and on youtube for recordings carrying my name, and although there are quite a few compliments, there are also some less enthusiastic responses.

How about "This is horrible.", which is the last comment on my Alice in Wonderland recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4QcU-8LnZk&t=108s

I couldn't resist leaving an answer.

Peter
There are some horrible (terrifying) aspects to Alice in Wonderland.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Yes, if you know where to look, you can probably find some reviews, if you have recorded enough. But you can't take it personally. You just have to go with the flow, and maybe improve because of it.

I found a number of reviews for one book I recorded - some not to flattering, others thought I was just great! :lol:

I didn't disagree with the critical reviews, I'm no professional. It is just hilarious to have completely opposite reactions from different people on the exact same recording. :mrgreen:

The very touching thank you notes I have gotten from people over the years, makes all the work worth it though.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks