Crazy idea 4435 - Telephoning into a Website recording application

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover » November 7th, 2019, 3:19 am

KevinS wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 4:46 pm
philchenevert wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 4:33 pm
So someone would call a number, be connected to a recording site, start speaking and when finished the file would be saved with a specific name and could then be retrieved via internet for editing? Is this what you are thinking of? If so it sounds very possible, but what would be the benefit here?
It's more a thought problem, but it would be handy for those who do not have working microphones or no functioning link to record on Audacity. At the present time, last I knew, those who upgraded to the new Mac operating system can't record with Audacity. It just got me thinking.
The Audacity problem could possibly be solved by using a more professional up to date DAW (Editor), such as Reaper or similar. There are also free ones which may or may not be up to date (i.e. 64bit).

Reaper is quite cheap at about $50/£55 for home, semi professional use, and can be fully downloaded for a free trial that can go on for several months (No time limit). This is the full working version. It's then up to you if you want to pay to continue. (I have no other connection with Reaper apart from being a user). It has a learning curve, just like any software, but for the basics, such as recording and editing, it's quick to learn and I think easier than Audacity, although with Reaper the more complicated stuff like 32 tracks, and other advanced stuff, it is more complex. It also has a very good sound output which is of professional quality. I thnk the basics can be learnt in a week or two, and you can also change the way it looks to suit your preferences. (It is available for Mac and Windoze in 32bit and 64bit versions).

Just a thought ...

KevinS

Post by KevinS » November 7th, 2019, 4:29 am

lurcherlover wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 3:19 am

The Audacity problem could possibly be solved by using a more professional up to date DAW (Editor), such as Reaper or similar. There are also free ones which may or may not be up to date (i.e. 64bit).

Reaper is quite cheap at about $50/£55 for home, semi professional use, and can be fully downloaded for a free trial that can go on for several months (No time limit). This is the full working version. It's then up to you if you want to pay to continue. (I have no other connection with Reaper apart from being a user). It has a learning curve, just like any software, but for the basics, such as recording and editing, it's quick to learn and I think easier than Audacity, although with Reaper the more complicated stuff like 32 tracks, and other advanced stuff, it is more complex. It also has a very good sound output which is of professional quality. I thnk the basics can be learnt in a week or two, and you can also change the way it looks to suit your preferences. (It is available for Mac and Windoze in 32bit and 64bit versions).

Just a thought ...
A helpful thought!
"E agora, José?"

DaleInTexas

Post by DaleInTexas » November 7th, 2019, 4:23 pm

lurcherlover wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 3:19 am

Just a thought ...
Lurcher,
Although I am a die-hard Reaper user, I played with a freebie called OcenAudio, a few years back. It is cross-platform and supports VSTs (real-time). It is 64-bit. I really liked it for the spectrogram analysis, which my old version of Reaper lacked, and before I picked up Adobe Audition. Have you ever tried it?
Dale
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
https://twitter.com/dalelatham

lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover » November 8th, 2019, 1:48 am

"Lurcher,
Although I am a die-hard Reaper user, I played with a freebie called OcenAudio, a few years back. It is cross-platform and supports VSTs (real-time). It is 64-bit. I really liked it for the spectrogram analysis, which my old version of Reaper lacked, and before I picked up Adobe Audition. Have you ever tried it?
Dale"

Hi Dale

No I haven't tried any other software apart from ProTools which I used to use until I found Reaper, about ten years ago. As Reaper does all I want in the way of music editing from my recording machine and also audiobook editing I have just left it at that.

Peter

sjmarky

Post by sjmarky » November 8th, 2019, 8:44 pm

Personally, I think you’d be better off just recording on your phone.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page