Happy Birthday, LibriVox!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
KevinS
Posts: 2503
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 10th, 2019, 7:53 am

Happy Birthday, LibriVox!

As part of the celebration, I will record a chapter of 40 minutes or less for the first three persons to post in this thread. Chapters must be ready to record by tomorrow morning (Wisconsin time) or at the time of your post, whichever makes sense.

Maybe hearing my voice is not a great present, but maybe you have a last chapter of something that needs recording and anyone will do. I'm your man!

If I'm breaking some rule in offering this, well ... Oh, come on!

Let's party.

English only, I'm afraid. In a recording's place, I can PL Portuguese and Spanish.
E agora, José?

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9758
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » August 10th, 2019, 2:15 pm

Hi Kevin,

I'll take you up on it! I think you forgot about Chapter 5 in my Joan of Arc project. (You did all the other chapters you claimed) I have been meaning to PM you about it, but this can work just as well! :lol: :lol: :lol:

KevinS
Posts: 2503
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 10th, 2019, 2:33 pm

m8b1 wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Hi Kevin,

I'll take you up on it! I think you forgot about Chapter 5 in my Joan of Arc project. (You did all the other chapters you claimed) I have been meaning to PM you about it, but this can work just as well! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I owe you 5 than you get that and another one!

I must have forgotten 5 along the way.
E agora, José?

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16438
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » August 10th, 2019, 4:53 pm

How about you recording some of the open claims you already have?

As far as I can see, those stage directions in the One-Act-Play Collection are the only thing necessary to get that play edited...

For more inspiration as to what you could read, your reader page is here: :D
https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

KevinS
Posts: 2503
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 10th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Availle wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 4:53 pm
How about you recording some of the open claims you already have?

As far as I can see, those stage directions in the One-Act-Play Collection are the only thing necessary to get that play edited...

For more inspiration as to what you could read, your reader page is here: :D
https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278
You miss my point while you make your own.
E agora, José?

schrm
Posts: 1429
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » August 11th, 2019, 4:12 am

hm, i want to write another point of view: that is a superb and totally nice idea to celebrate, kevin!
and since your output is really high in numbers, totally worth it!

but maybe, since the reactions are like they are, deliver 5 already claimed sections as soon as possible - like i tried to deliver the anniversary-contribution...

and offer additional 5 sections another time?
for example, as christmas presents?

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 31495
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » August 11th, 2019, 5:26 am

I think it was a nice idea but I also think most of us have found out it's better to chose what you record. It's much better for the reader and for the final result that way. I can't really think an example without risking offending someone but supposing I had a project that was mocking something you strongly believed in, I would hope you respected my right to the project but I would not expect or want you to read for it.

Anne

KevinS
Posts: 2503
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 11th, 2019, 8:34 am

To make my offer more attractive, I will do my readings using my Westbrook Van Hooris impersonation.
E agora, José?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16551
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: In My Happy Place By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » August 11th, 2019, 8:45 am

KevinS wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 8:34 am
To make my offer more attractive, I will do my readings using my Westbrook Van Hooris impersonation.
oH WOW! How can we pass that up?!
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Sometimes I lie awake at night and ask myself "where did I go wrong?" Then a voice says, "this is going to take more than one night". .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

schrm
Posts: 1429
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » August 11th, 2019, 11:47 am

KevinS wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 8:34 am
To make my offer more attractive, I will do my readings using my Westbrook Van Hooris impersonation.
hm and i was thinking of challenging you...
i won't have time for it until next weekend, but i have some really short sections to read.
will you be able to finish a project or upload your 5, already claimed contributions before me?

8-)

KevinS
Posts: 2503
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 11th, 2019, 1:29 pm

schrm wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 11:47 am
KevinS wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 8:34 am
To make my offer more attractive, I will do my readings using my Westbrook Van Hooris impersonation.
hm and i was thinking of challenging you...
i won't have time for it until next weekend, but i have some really short sections to read.
will you be able to finish a project or upload your 5, already claimed contributions before me?

8-)
I learned a long time ago not to compete with an Austrian!
E agora, José?

schrm
Posts: 1429
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » August 11th, 2019, 1:33 pm

KevinS wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 1:29 pm
schrm wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 11:47 am
KevinS wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 8:34 am
To make my offer more attractive, I will do my readings using my Westbrook Van Hooris impersonation.
hm and i was thinking of challenging you...
i won't have time for it until next weekend, but i have some really short sections to read.
will you be able to finish a project or upload your 5, already claimed contributions before me?

8-)
I learned a long time ago not to compete with an Austrian!
:shock: :|

KevinS
Posts: 2503
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 11th, 2019, 1:52 pm

schrm wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 1:33 pm
KevinS wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 1:29 pm
schrm wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 11:47 am


hm and i was thinking of challenging you...
i won't have time for it until next weekend, but i have some really short sections to read.
will you be able to finish a project or upload your 5, already claimed contributions before me?

8-)
I learned a long time ago not to compete with an Austrian!
:shock: :|
I went to school with the sadly departed Niki Stajkovic.
E agora, José?

schrm
Posts: 1429
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » August 12th, 2019, 12:10 am

KevinS wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 1:52 pm

I went to school with the sadly departed Niki Stajkovic.
but we are not swimming or diving here..
and i told you that we have unfair conditions, me having several twohundred words sections claimed.

either way, keep it up, your good work kevin!
i just wanted to offer this, because in spring this year, i had the feeling, that i want to complete books also, not only keep them going forever...

KevinS
Posts: 2503
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 12th, 2019, 2:50 am

schrm wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 12:10 am
KevinS wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 1:52 pm

I went to school with the sadly departed Niki Stajkovic.
but we are not swimming or diving here..
and i told you that we have unfair conditions, me having several twohundred words sections claimed.

either way, keep it up, your good work kevin!
i just wanted to offer this, because in spring this year, i had the feeling, that i want to complete books also, not only keep them going forever...
Haha! We'll keep working. I am actually taking your advice, or challenge, and want to finish a long abandoned piece that I found yesterday.
E agora, José?

Post Reply