Addition of LibriVox Logo to Linkedin Page

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Forbes

Post by Forbes »

Hi. Does anyone know who I would get in touch with to have the LibriVox logo added to the Linkedin LibriVox page?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I didn't even know there was such a thing. Could you post a link? (Or do you have to be logged in to see it?)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Forbes

Post by Forbes »

Hi Tricia. Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, if you're not logged in, Linkedin will not support the search, but if you search for Linkedin LibriVox via a search engine, the link to the page will pop up. Here is the URL: https://www.linkedin.com/company/librivox
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It must be Hugh himself, I'd think. I'll send him a note and see what he says. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Forbes

Post by Forbes »

Great! Thank you.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

That page isn't really accurate anyway. It says we have 10,000+ employees (we have none) and that we're an educational institution (we're not). None of the categories you can set for LinkedIn company pages really apply to Librivox, so maybe Hugh--or whoever set it up--just picked what seemed to make sense at the time. I also don't recognize most of the names of the 16 "employees" listed on the People page. My guess is that they contributed to Librivox at some point and linked their names to the LinkedIn page.

All of which is to say, I don't think that LinkedIn page is something to spend too much time on. :)
Laurie Anne
Forbes

Post by Forbes »

I noticed some of those things as well, I was just adding it to my volunteer experience and noticed that we didn't have a logo, which I thought would be nice to add. Just to bolster that we exist.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've had emails via the help line from Linkedin of the same sort as most of the spam - cosy, chatty, we can help you just click and edit the page type and I ignore it.

Anne
Forbes

Post by Forbes »

Ok. Well, thanks for all the responses. I was just checking. No biggie, if we can't.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It does sound quite reasonable but .... it isn't an Official LV anything, and I suppose that I am not in favour of anything that makes non-official LV things look official. We don't own the name, if I remember correctly it was about $25,000 dollars to do so just for America.
In my role in answering the help line for non members, just last week I had to answer several emails from 2 different people - one complaining about ads when we said we were ad free, and telling me I was dodging the question when I pointed out we had nothing to do with the app, and another abusing us for losing the book he had paid for, . So maybe you can see why I'm not keen to expand the range of complaints about things we have no control over.

Anne
Forbes

Post by Forbes »

That sounds like quite the headache. :( And yeah, I see your point there. Let's hope for less of those.
Cori

Post by Cori »

FWIW, there is a LibriVox group at LinkedIn ... there's no activity whatsoever, all posting and comms are here in the forum. But, if you are a past or currently active LibriVoxer and want to add it to your groups listing (appears under 'Interests'), then go for it. https://www.linkedin.com/groups/879227/

Disclaimer -- it's not official in any way! I administer it, Hugh can also. I check on applicants in the catalog, but if I can't find anything, please don't mind if I don't recognise your LinkedIn name and ask about your forum name. Some groups allow any joiners, but I've aimed to keep this one to volunteers (readers, PLs, BCs, covermakers, MP4 makers, etc.) only.

I don't know anything about the company and have no admin privs there.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!