Computer Down

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
msfry

Post by msfry »

Just letting my LV friends know, my computer crashed yesterday -- not the hard drive, just the power button doesn't work. It's going into the shop today. I am using an old computer that receives email and lets me go online -- very slowly. Fortunately, I don't have any projects I'm BC'ing at the moment, except the Fortnightly (Love's Language), which I will be able to PL and manage the MW. I have no sections claimed to read at present. Sadly, I had just finished scanning and OCR'ing Demian and have recorded 6 of the 8 chapters, but those files are all on the hard drive I can't access at the moment. Major bummer.

I don't have Photoshop either, and no access to my CD template, so my 2 claimed covers may be delayed. Or maybe not. Let's see what today brings in the way of progress.

What does one do with oneself without a computer? Yesterday I planted my tomatoes, built a small greenhouse, helped my husband hang a tool rack, harvested my wild green onions, got some exercise, and greatly enjoyed the breezy spring weather and sunshine. WOW! I have a yard. :shock:
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Bummer indeed. :| Wishing you luck with your computer and in finding good use for all that spare time you suddenly have! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ha! I'm right there with ya. Congratulations on rediscovering the universe outside LibriVox! 8-)

Sometimes I wonder if all us old-timers - at least, those who are quite active here - wouldn't benefit from such a forced hiatus once in a while.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine