Use of Librivox material by other platforms

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

That's what I believe too, but they are copyrighting something that isn't even their's. These volunteers, are trying to create free audiobooks, for use of anyone. But Oregon Publishing is calling it theirs by right.
iBeScotty

Post by iBeScotty »

ej400 wrote: March 14th, 2019, 9:22 am If you look under the description on amazon, you can see this: "©2017 Oregan Publishing (P)2017 Oregan Publishing"
So just copy the Librivox one then? :mrgreen:
Scotty
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Elijah and all,

Please (if you can) refrain from promoting them by putting links and names in your posts. Please keep in mind that all content of our forums is picked up by search engines and we don't want to aid in their advertising. Google, etc., don't care about our grievances, and to those jackasses any publicity is good publicity.

If you really care to help, complain to Amazon and those who enable the bastards, using their mechanisms (reviews, etc.) Doing it here is pointless, trust me.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
ej400

Post by ej400 »

tovarisch wrote: March 14th, 2019, 9:48 am Elijah and all,

Please (if you can) refrain from promoting them by putting links and names in your posts. Please keep in mind that all content of our forums is picked up by search engines and we don't want to aid in their advertising. Google, etc., don't care about our grievances, and to those jackasses any publicity is good publicity.

If you really care to help, complain to Amazon and those who enable the bastards, using their mechanisms (reviews, etc.) Doing it here is pointless, trust me.
I have taken away the link, very sorry about that. Thanks
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

I swear I won't post any more comments and another link of these assh...s. Never more!. Sorry guys!! Have a nice and beautiful day and week and year and rest of your lives :thumbs: :thumbs: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9:
Never more! (Poe style)
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I apologize for sharing those links, I will never do that again.

I also googled it and it appears that the best place to find audiobooks is librivox :9: And so I will try my best to keep it that way, so I will not share links to other places :D <smile> I apologize for doing so :thumbs: <thumbsup>

Thank you
Elijah