MARCH Toward the Finish Line - 2019 Cleanup Month!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:57 pm
TriciaG wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Yes, I thought Kikisaulite might be a new admin! She's doing SO great! But I've always wondered- how do you become an admin? Do you just PM an admin and ask?
Don't call us; we'll call you. ;) The admins discuss among themselves who we think would be a good admin, at the times when we think we need to add some. Then we invite those folks when there's consensus.
That sounds like a good method. I can imagine if it were as simple as PMing an admin, there would be an insane amount of admins, and there would be constant changing :lol:!

Anyways, I'm gonna take this moment to thank all the wonderful admins we do currently have. They make everything so much easier for us, and are patient enough to put up with all of our mistakes :shock:. LibriVox would be so different without them!
Flattery will get you nowhere! :lol:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

How exciting! I cataloged 2 this morning, and see that another one where I was DPL made it in overnight. We are now up to 113 for March - more than any month in 2018.

Last couple of days, let's finish strong!

MaryAnn
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: March 28th, 2019, 6:47 am We are now up to 113 for March - more than any month in 2018.
Yay! :clap:
I am doing the final small edits in two chapters and that project will also be good to go!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

lurcherlover wrote: March 28th, 2019, 6:07 am
TriciaG wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Don't call us; we'll call you. ;) The admins discuss among themselves who we think would be a good admin, at the times when we think we need to add some. Then we invite those folks when there's consensus.
That sounds like a good method. I can imagine if it were as simple as PMing an admin, there would be an insane amount of admins, and there would be constant changing :lol:!

Anyways, I'm gonna take this moment to thank all the wonderful admins we do currently have. They make everything so much easier for us, and are patient enough to put up with all of our mistakes :shock:. LibriVox would be so different without them!
Ha ha I don't want to be an admin (no, really, I don't). For one, I have been here only a few months and still have soooo much to learn. I look at the admins and see how much they know of rules, policies, past experiences, etc. and I am just mindblown. I still manage to have whole project debates over rules/guidelines/etc. If I even wanted to be an admin I would be waiting many more years. In addition, the commitment that admins have is just crazy. I can not imagine doing all that work and behind the scenes stuff and putting so much effort into everything (not that I don't try, I do, but the admin roles seem difficult). I am personally more than content just to record, PL, ect., without taking on all that extra work. Finally, I think my anxiety as an admin would be over the top. I have high anxiety as it is, and filling that position would take it over the roof. I did not post this as flattery. When reading this discussion I was just thinking of some members who I would really love to see be admins. Then I got to thinking (from my limited knowledge) of how difficult it must be to have that position, and I don't think we give enough credit to those people who step up and take that difficult position. That's it. No flattery, no wishes to be an admin, just a simple 'thank you for all the hard work you do'.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Just to say I agree with you, they do a great job, and one I probably would not want myself. My wife is up to her eyes in admin, and I say to her "why don't you just give up as head of dept and go back to teaching only."
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 28th, 2019, 7:23 am
lurcherlover wrote: March 28th, 2019, 6:07 am

Ha ha I don't want to be an admin (no, really, I don't)....
Yes, admins definitely do SO much work!!

Thank you to all admins here, you guys are so great and you keep everything running perfectly!! (And no, I'm not trying to flatter anybody because I want something, either-- really, I appreciate your hard work SO much! :wink: )

I might like to become an admin once I've been here a few (well, several) years, but I still have so much to learn. Admins know nearly everything! (Or at least they seem to!) :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have just orphaned the last chapter of Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder, the Highway, Housebreaking, Street Robberies, Coining or other offences Vol. 1 by Arthur L. Hayward . All other sections are PL OK. This section is about 2500 words. Can anyone help get it done by the end of the month? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72167

And it has been claimed :thumbs:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

sweet that it is now claimed. I would have claimed it and read it today had you accepted it. 2500 word count is a comfortable level for me. :lol:
Lynnet wrote: March 29th, 2019, 10:01 am I have just orphaned the last chapter of Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder, the Highway, Housebreaking, Street Robberies, Coining or other offences Vol. 1 by Arthur L. Hayward . All other sections are PL OK. This section is about 2500 words. Can anyone help get it done by the end of the month? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72167

April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Lynnet wrote: March 29th, 2019, 10:01 am I have just orphaned the last chapter of Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder, the Highway, Housebreaking, Street Robberies, Coining or other offences Vol. 1 by Arthur L. Hayward . All other sections are PL OK. This section is about 2500 words. Can anyone help get it done by the end of the month? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72167

[/quote]
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Pardon my numerous posts to this thread.
I realize I mentioned I would have claimed and read the 2500 word orphaned section, today even.
You see that was a section that I originally had considered claiming so I had thought perhaps since it was orphaned I should claim it after all. I am pleased it has been claimed by someone.
April
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Most of my projects are too new to be catalogued this month, but I admit I had a wonderful progress. I am very pleased.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72803

It looks like this project just needs a PL of its 3 sections, and it could be cataloged. Any takers??
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Just posted the final section of Celebrated Crimes vol 6 part 2 by Alexandre Dumas awaiting PL. Just putting this here as an update.
Josh Kibbey
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Right now we're at 117 projects. I know I've got at least one more going in.

At 117, we have got our 5th best month ever! 3 more projects to go to tie 4th best:

07-2016 155
11-2009 144
08-2016 123
06-2015 120
03-2019 117
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

TriciaG wrote: March 29th, 2019, 5:42 pm viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72803

It looks like this project just needs a PL of its 3 sections, and it could be cataloged. Any takers??
Tricia--I will PL these three sections this afternoon. I will post in the thread also. :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia