MARCH Toward the Finish Line - 2019 Cleanup Month!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios » February 28th, 2019, 11:22 am

TriciaG wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 6:13 am
Iunta4Ios wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 4:35 am
I have seen that section of multilingual Rubáiyát: The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám - First Edition - in Hebrew - Massel , in Hebrew is still not assigned.
My daughter Claudia, who lived many years in Jerusalem, could do it, but only during Easter holidays. Would it be too late?
Pier
It would be "too late" for the March cleanup month, since Easter is in mid-April. :) But if no one else comes along, we'd be delighted to have her record it in April! The only recordings that are "too late" are those that come after someone else has recorded the section, or after a project has been cataloged. ;)
O.K. So I and Claudia will wait to see if someone can do it in March. In case the section will still be open in April we will come back to ask for it. :D
Pier

KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » February 28th, 2019, 11:29 am

I just submitted a claim for Understanding Climate Change!
Josh Kibbey

Foon

Post by Foon » February 28th, 2019, 12:58 pm

TriciaG wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 7:23 am

BOOKS THAT HAVE NOT GOTTEN OFF THE GROUND - Help to give them a boost!
A Traveler from Altruria by William Dean Howells: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70818 Launched June '18, all 12 sections open
I've claimed the first section in this project, to help it get off the ground.
What a great idea, cleanup month! I've finished my solos, I'm trying to clear out my reading list, and then seeing how much I can contribute to the clean up! :)
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
NEW! Arabian Nights (Vol. 11)
Dialogues of the Gods (Drama)
Zeus the Tragedian (Drama)

ej400

Post by ej400 » February 28th, 2019, 1:00 pm

TriciaG wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 7:23 am
We books are waiting to be done.
We want our moment in the sun!
Every poem, chapter, role
Counts and helps to reach our goal.
In the end we’ll have three cheers
For our group of volunteers!
So come and help, this would be fine--
Let’s MARCH Toward the Finish Line!
Tricia, did you write this poem? It's very nice indeed. Whoever wrote it must be a poet, it's excellent :D <smile>

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » February 28th, 2019, 1:32 pm

Elijah - no, I didn't. Mine was a very poor 4-liner. Kitty/Sonia took my initial idea and made it unrecognizably good. 8-)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Humorous Alcohol Fic/Poetry: The Old Soak, and Hail & Farewell
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » February 28th, 2019, 3:06 pm

Have taken a section in Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | A Woman is a Weathercock | The Dialogues of the Gods | The Mueller Report | The Tender Husband | Doctor Johnson | Eunuchus

adr6090

Post by adr6090 » February 28th, 2019, 3:23 pm

I am also reading 2 more sections, sections 3 & 18, (Faces in the Fire and other Fancies) viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70996 to help get this one finished as well since March seems to be the month to clean it up!
There are only a few left, check it out and perhaps you can read a section in that thread as well. :D
Last edited by adr6090 on March 1st, 2019, 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
April

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » February 28th, 2019, 4:06 pm

Unfortunately my voice won't allow me to record at the moment, but I've been inspired by the clean up month to go back and finish editing my solo! That was all previously recorded but only needed editing (the part I hate the most) so now I've gone back and done that! Yay!

The Gondoliers needs 3 men for chorus parts, so I would love to fill those parts, but I doubt the project can be completed within March, as it will be a tricky editing project with so many voices. I had been going to edit this one myself, but my shoulder is flaring particularly badly at the moment so it will be later this year, unless someone else claims the editing.

I think all my other BC projects are all up to date - I don't really want to orphan early when I've specifically given readers due dates already, but some will fall during March, so if there are any eligible projects of mine I'll put them up for consideration later.

"Helps to Holiness" has 15 open sections but they are all short. However, the Brengle books usually go quite fast even without being included in Clean Up Month, and this project was only launched in Nov last year. I'll leave it up to the MCs as to whether to include it or not.

(As requested, I've delayed the launch of Lady Windemere's Fan to April.)

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » February 28th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Since the Books that never took off category is a bit more flexible, maybe I can suggest Pliny the Elder's Natural History volume 5 (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72140)? Started Oct 13, only 4 sections assigned so far.
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » February 28th, 2019, 4:41 pm

I think all my other BC projects are all up to date - I don't really want to orphan early when I've specifically given readers due dates already, but some will fall during March, so if there are any eligible projects of mine I'll put them up for consideration later.
Yeah, for those of us BCs who regularly orphan sections when they've reached 2 months, there's nothing to orphan. :lol: But some BCs seem to have reservations about orphaning stale claims, so this at least gives them some external motivation/permission. ;)

I'll update the first post with the recent updates after editing a chapter in my solo, unless another admin gets to it before I do.

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » February 28th, 2019, 5:10 pm

I've got one section claimed in the Climate Change project, only to hear back from another reader that he is relinquishing his sections... So: 2 sections open in one of the first scientific investigations of climate change. :D
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

ej400

Post by ej400 » February 28th, 2019, 5:51 pm

TriciaG wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 1:32 pm
Elijah - no, I didn't. Mine was a very poor 4-liner. Kitty/Sonia took my initial idea and made it unrecognizably good. 8-)
Great team work! :D <smile>

msfry

Post by msfry » February 28th, 2019, 6:58 pm

I am rapidly finishing up my projects, rat-a-tat-tat, and then I will aim my dart gun at your list before launching any more of the projects on my list. Is this another birthday party for LV, like last year? Will there be cake?
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~Winston Churchill

msfry

Post by msfry » February 28th, 2019, 7:06 pm

Elizabby wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 4:06 pm
Unfortunately my voice won't allow me to record at the moment, but I've been inspired by the clean up month to go back and finish editing my solo! That was all previously recorded but only needed editing (the part I hate the most)
You don't like editing? What's not to like? Why, there's even an Oscar awarded for that, and beautiful speeches made this year in praise of the art! If I can help, let me know, even though I won't be credited in the catalog as a member of your team. Well, the "Academy" fixed that problem, and maybe one day LV will add an Editor slot too when it's appropriate. No doubt about it, editing is a big part of the creative process. :D
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~Winston Churchill

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » February 28th, 2019, 7:17 pm

I generally don't like editing my own solos, either. I've listened to it when I recorded it; I don't want to listen again. But then, I am possessive, so I wouldn't let anyone else edit my solo. LOL!
I am rapidly finishing up my projects, rat-a-tat-tat, and then I will aim my dart gun at your list before launching any more of the projects on my list. Is this another birthday party for LV, like last year? Will there be cake?
Well, it's not a birthday, so no. But a wrap-up party would be lovely!