MARCH Toward the Finish Line - 2019 Cleanup Month!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I counted and we have cataloged over 75 projects in march alone!!! Good job everyone! :clap: <clapping> This has all happened in 17 of 31 days in march, so what can we accomplish in the remaining two weeks (14 days)?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, we're on a roll!

We've picked all the low-hanging fruit; now is when it gets harder. We have a ton of projects fully claimed; time to put our collective shoulder to the wheel and persevere through the next 2 weeks!

(Please excuse the mixed metaphor.) ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

ej400 wrote: March 17th, 2019, 5:59 pm I counted and we have cataloged over 75 projects in march alone!!! Good job everyone! :clap: <clapping> This has all happened in 17 of 31 days in march, so what can we accomplish in the remaining two weeks (14 days)?
Please tell me you didn’t count one by one... that would have been a giant mental effort! You probably know this, but there is a nice page (if you go to the access page for any MW, and click stats>Monthly stats) that says exactly how many projects cataloged in a month. Right now we are exactly at 75! Woo hoo! I’m enjoying this clean up month.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 17th, 2019, 6:10 pm
ej400 wrote: March 17th, 2019, 5:59 pm I counted and we have cataloged over 75 projects in march alone!!! Good job everyone! :clap: <clapping> This has all happened in 17 of 31 days in march, so what can we accomplish in the remaining two weeks (14 days)?
Please tell me you didn’t count one by one... that would have been a giant mental effort! You probably know this, but there is a nice page (if you go to the access page for any MW, and click stats>Monthly stats) that says exactly how many projects cataloged in a month. Right now we are exactly at 75! Woo hoo! I’m enjoying this clean up month.
You guys can see that? I didn't know that! :9: Can you see any other stats in that menu?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
lymiewithpurpose

TriciaG wrote: March 17th, 2019, 6:14 pm You guys can see that? I didn't know that! :9: Can you see any other stats in that menu?
Ha ha I guess we can :lol:! I enjoy looking at it, it's pretty encouraging. So in 'Monthly Stats' I can see projects catalogued in a month and projects catalogued in a year. If I go to 'General Stats', this is what I see:
Total number of projects 13330
Number of completed projects 12700
Number of completed non-English projects 1646
Total number of languages 96
Number of languages with a completed work 37
Number of completed solo projects 6850
Number of readers 9136
...who have completed something 9001
It's pretty nifty :D!
Campbell
niobium

Post by niobium »

does that mean 1630 projects remain incomplete? I know I have an outstanding project due for proofreading. Maybe someone should install a counter in librivox to keep track of this.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Not sure why you can - it wasn't supposed to be - not because they are secret but because they were prepared fresh every time and were thus a drain on resources - maybe things have changed but let's not treat them as a toy until we know for sure
As to the difference between completed projects and total projects, it could well include on hold or abandoned ones - I don't really know, doesn't seem important to me.

Anne
lymiewithpurpose

annise wrote: March 17th, 2019, 9:19 pm Not sure why you can - it wasn't supposed to be - not because they are secret but because they were prepared fresh every time and were thus a drain on resources - maybe things have changed but let's not treat them as a toy until we know for sure
As to the difference between completed projects and total projects, it could well include on hold or abandoned ones - I don't really know, doesn't seem important to me.

Anne
Ok, makes sense! Sorry about that, I just thought it was a cool feature of the site that people hadn’t discovered yet. If it’s a drain I will definitely make sure to stop using it. Don’t want to put stress where it’s not needed :shock:
Campbell
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

maybe it doesn't matter any more - I don't know - and it's not generally available is it? I thought it was only those with MW access?

Anne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

A margem da historia is now also archived. Moving it down the list. :clap:

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey!

I offered to be the DPL for An Essay Concerning Human Understanding Book III Of Words by John Locke

And I'm waiting for Amy to give me access to the MW.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

annise wrote: March 17th, 2019, 10:08 pm maybe it doesn't matter any more - I don't know - and it's not generally available is it? I thought it was only those with MW access?

Anne
I think it only is for people with MW access - but that means anybody whose been a BC, DPL, or soloist could access it, which many volunteers have.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

I claimed the last two sections in The Santa Claus Story Book :D!
Campbell
ej400

Post by ej400 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 17th, 2019, 6:10 pm Please tell me you didn’t count one by one... that would have been a giant mental effort! You probably know this, but there is a nice page (if you go to the access page for any MW, and click stats>Monthly stats) that says exactly how many projects cataloged in a month. Right now we are exactly at 75! Woo hoo! I’m enjoying this clean up month.
I did actually count them one by one. I didn't know about the monthly stats, but I'd still rather count, just because then I'd know I checked it myself.
lymiewithpurpose

ej400 wrote: March 18th, 2019, 10:13 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 17th, 2019, 6:10 pm Please tell me you didn’t count one by one... that would have been a giant mental effort! You probably know this, but there is a nice page (if you go to the access page for any MW, and click stats>Monthly stats) that says exactly how many projects cataloged in a month. Right now we are exactly at 75! Woo hoo! I’m enjoying this clean up month.
I did actually count them one by one. I didn't know about the monthly stats, but I'd still rather count, just because then I'd know I checked it myself.
Gotcha, makes sense, it just seems like it would be very hard and take a long time! And, as Anne pointed out earlier, we don't know if we're really supposed to use that feature (because of the drain of resources), so it's better anyways to do it your way :D. And nice job counting all of that, no way I would be able to :lol:
Campbell