MARCH Toward the Finish Line - 2019 Cleanup Month!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: March 1st, 2019, 5:56 am
mightyfelix wrote: February 28th, 2019, 10:20 pm I've just uploaded the final two sections for St. George and St. Michael, Volume 2: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=69255

The person who was going to PL these isn't able to now, so I'll need a volunteer. It's about 45 minutes total listening time. I'll go ahead and post in Listeners Wanted, but if anyone here would like to PL, please speak up! :)
PL done, cataloging now.

Thanks, Todd
I'd decided to hurry and finish this one up anyway, before I knew about March cleanup, but it technically was catalogued this month, early this morning in fact, so if you'd like to add it to our completed projects list on the first post, you may.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Foon wrote: March 1st, 2019, 9:17 am I know this doesn't quite fall into any of the categories, but I'd like to mention The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night, Vol 10. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72544
It contains the last few of the Nights, and a lot of supplementary work about linguistical aspects, themes, etc (more like scholarly work).

The Nights themselves were claimed rapidly, however, the rest of the book hasn't quite taken off. I've started reading some of the harder sections myself, but it could really use a boost of someone willing to take some of them on. Warning: these sections are (mostly) quite long, contain archaic language, contain a lot of Arabic names and words, and are more history/sociology/linguistics rather than fiction/tales. But they're very interesting! ;)
It was just launched in November, so I don't think we'll add it to the first post just yet. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

ej400 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 9:29 am I have a question. What about projects that need listeners and not readers that are going slowly because there isn't a DPL?
I've been thinking about this - projects that could be cataloged in March that just need PL'ing. Please, listeners, hop onto those! :)

Solos or other projects that don't have a DPL but don't have much of a chance of cataloging in April aren't really part of this cleanup month. We're going for the lower hanging fruit here.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

SaraHale wrote: March 1st, 2019, 10:52 am
ej400 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 9:29 am I have a question. What about projects that need listeners and not readers that are going slowly because there isn't a DPL?
Hello Elijah,

Will it be okay to be the DPL? If you would like me to switch to the other project. I don't mind.
Oh no, that's not at all what I meant, I am very thankful you are my DPL in the Western Isles project. I am very sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I was thinking about other projects (not just my own), that needed DPL's. Someone has also asked to be DPL in the one that was waiting for awhile.

Thank you
Elijah
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

ej400 wrote: March 1st, 2019, 1:50 pm Oh no, that's not at all what I meant, I am very thankful you are my DPL in the Western Isles project. I am very sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I was thinking about other projects (not just my own), that needed DPL's. Someone has also asked to be DPL in the one that was waiting for awhile.

Thank you
Elijah
Got it! Thanks! I will see you in The Western Isles project. Do your best. :D
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, I just went through all the Readers Wanted and Readers Found forums, sorted by thread title, and looked for the tilde. (I also cleaned up while I was at it - removing the tilde from projects that have since gotten a DPL.)

There are very few projects that are close to completion, that in my personal opinion could be completed this month if they only had a PL/DPL. Most of the group projects that have no DPL are reasonably caught up on the PL'ing, and many of the solos without a DPL haven't even started recording, have all their sections PL'd, or have very few sections to PL.

Here is a list of projects that, IMHO, have a reasonably good chance at being completed if they had a timely PL. (This would be dependent on soloist progress, of course, for those projects that don't have all sections recorded.)

[SOLO] Short stories and poems for children, original and select: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73806 (all 10 sections recorded and need PL)
[SOLO] The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73566 (4 of 11 sections recorded and need PL)
[SOLO] The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73714 (7 of 14 sections recorded and need PL)

[SPANISH-SOLO] I Pleno Casatorio Civil de la Corte Suprema de Justicia la República de Perú: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73013 (all 5 sections recorded and need PL)
[SPANISH-SOLO] Romancero selecto del Cid: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72135 (18 of 24 sections recorded, 13 need PL) Now has a DPL!
[SPANISH-SOLO] Coplas de Jorge Manrique: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72377 (one, 12-minute section recorded and needs PL)
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Tricia I also think I have a solo that may qualify. I have recorded all 10 sections and just need a listener. I have a ton of extra sections but that is because they have not been deleted from the MW yet. The link is here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73806.

Let me know what you think!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, that would qualify. How the heck did you end up with so many extra sections? :shock: I'll work on deleting them so the MW is accurate.
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

TriciaG wrote: March 1st, 2019, 5:36 pm Yes, that would qualify. How the heck did you end up with so many extra sections? :shock: I'll work on deleting them so the MW is accurate.
Thank you. I originally intended to read a poem for every section, but it was suggested I clump them together so I did. I don’t think my MC has gotten around to it :)
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TriciaG wrote: March 1st, 2019, 5:05 pmHere is a list of projects that, IMHO, have a reasonably good chance at being completed if they had a timely PL. (This would be dependent on soloist progress, of course, for those projects that don't have all sections recorded.)
maybe this list would fit well in the first post so it won't get lost in the process, in a new group "DPLs wanted".

I'll try to help out there as well.

Sonia
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hay, I also have a few gooks to give them a push.
The Heavenly Twins by Sarah Grant
viewtopic.php?f=2t=67899
43 sections opened out of 96, and there may be some orphaning when I see it gets off the ground.
Open the Door by Catherine Carswell

viewtopic.php?t=71125
21 out of 32 sections opened. Same story about orphaning.
The Ordeal of Richard Feverel by George Meredith
44 out of 45 sections opened.

viewtopic.php?f=28t=72802

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72802

I started just now a rather small project called Actions And Reactions by Rudyard Kipling. We may be able to complete it this month, I am not sure but I truly think so. Here is a link:

viewtopic.php?f=28t=73937
Thanks in advance,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Kitty wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 2:06 am
TriciaG wrote: March 1st, 2019, 5:05 pmHere is a list of projects that, IMHO, have a reasonably good chance at being completed if they had a timely PL. (This would be dependent on soloist progress, of course, for those projects that don't have all sections recorded.)
maybe this list would fit well in the first post so it won't get lost in the process, in a new group "DPLs wanted".

I'll try to help out there as well.

Sonia
I did link to that post in the OP - in the "Listeners/DPLs" instructions. I was afraid there was getting to be too much information in the OP - too many lists.

That "need a push" one is growing too long - projects that have almost no chance of completing in March. :? A push is good, but we want this to be a cleanup month with a slew of completed works, right?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

With some consultation, we've amended the requirements for the "need a boost" category: projects that were begun more than one year ago and are less than 60% claimed, or were begun more than 9 months ago and are less than 50% claimed.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

What ever you decide. I am after you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I have a huge plea on editors :help: The DR "Dave brings home a wife" got started in April last year and stagnated a bit, but due to the March challenge, the final roles finally came in. Now we are in desperate need of one or more editors to assemble it all. We're talking of 8 chapters total with about 6-10 roles in each.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=70071

thanks for any help. :)

Sonia