MARCH Toward the Finish Line - 2019 Cleanup Month!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Let me just say, that poem in the first post is excellent! Sonia, that is such a great poem, thanks for writing it!

I am BCing two Group projects that keep moving back and forth between Readers Wanted/Found. They're moving very slowly, so I'm not sure what the timeframe will be for them to be catalogued (maybe a few more months?)
My Solo isn't even close to being finished, however (I have around 62 more sections to go. They're short, but it's rather tedious work.) My original deadline was July 2019, but I don't think I'll get it done by then. I'll try, though.
I will get my other reading job done (The Silver Bear) since I've signed up for one chapter only.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Update: Thanks to Maria (m8b1), all sections for Short stories and poems for children, original and select have been PL'd! Thank you Maria!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I finished my first section and claimed a new one. As an update: World's Library is down to 3 unclaimed sections ! Speakers familiar with Celtic languages are needed !!

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Kitty wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 11:02 am I have a huge plea on editors :help: Sonia
Alas I have no time to spare now, or I would offer to help you.

Have we a list of editors . . . . . by that I mean volunteering specifically to edit for other readers? I've done that on a project I BC'd and invited the soloist to read it as my voice wasn't suited to the part, and she agreed but was short on time to edit so I did it. We thought it came out great! And I've stitched together a few duets, and one short dramatic piece a long time ago. These were all enjoyable experiences, but very time consuming.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

msfry wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 1:25 pmHave we a list of editors . . . . . by that I mean volunteering specifically to edit for other readers?
well the editing job here is actually stitching together a dramatic reading, not editing the actual readings.

I don't think we have a list of editors. I never thought people would edit others' recordings. I certainly would prefer to edit my own ;)

I'm pleased to say, 3 chapters are already assigned. Awesome cooperation. Thank you all. :9:

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I claimed the last two sections of Nobody's Boy and two sections of Faces in the Fire!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Update on my plea for help in the DR: all 8 sections have found an editor and 4 have already been assembled. What tremendous team work we're displaying here. Thank you all :9: This project definitely will get to the March challenge accomplish list.

Sonia
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great!

BCs: Do you have projects that are 75-80% claimed that can go on the list? We seem to be running short of "almost fully claimed" projects! :lol: Although if we do orphan sections on March 7, that will lead to more projects to clean up.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I just wanted to apply to PL the Coplas by Manrique and saw that Leni beat me to it. That project can move down on the finished list :9:

Sonia
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

May I suggest this one to be included in the list in some capacity? It is still copyrighted for me in Europe...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67676
It is 50% claimed, but it is a small one, so only 6 sections left to claim&record. Could be a cleanup candidate...
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Added it. I had seen that one earlier but apparently neglected to add it to the list. :)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

I have this project that is fully recorded and has a DPL but it is going slowly, so it would be good to have someone else to PL, and maybe we can catalogue it in March!

[Portuguese] À margem da história viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51201 6 sections to PL, 3 to spot-check.
Leni
=================
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Leni wrote: March 4th, 2019, 9:59 am I have this project that is fully recorded and has a DPL but it is going slowly, so it would be good to have someone else to PL, and maybe we can catalogue it in March!

[Portuguese] À margem da história viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51201 6 sections to PL, 3 to spot-check.
Added it. :)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I know I'm not the BC of this project, but Huck Finn needs just one more section to be claimed: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72844

Thank you
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Sorry Tricia! I had started my first ever BC project before I read this! Should I take it down or how should I handle it?
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]