MARCH Toward the Finish Line - 2019 Cleanup Month!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Now March is over and by the looks
We’ve catalogued 122 books
A big thank you
To all of you:
Our Readers, PLers and Editors
MCs, BCs and Cover Makers
And since we promised it at the start
These three big CHEERS :clap: :clap: :clap: come from the heart
And if you enjoyed participating here
There may be a challenge again next year!

We books are waiting to be done.
We want our moment in the sun!
Every poem, chapter, role
Counts and helps to reach our goal.
In the end we’ll have three cheers
For our group of volunteers!
So come and help, this would be fine--
Let’s MARCH Toward the Finish Line!

It's that time again when we look at books that need a final push to get them into the catalogue. All these projects need you. Let's see how many books we can catalogue in March! Please sign up in the project threads.

Readers: please make sure you have no old outstanding claims (click on your name in the Magic Window of a project you have volunteered for), and please complete any edits required on submitted sections! Ask in the project thread if you need help. And, of course, help with recording any sections in the list below. :)

BCs: please see this special post just for you! ;) Also, please consider holding off on starting new projects while the cleanup month is going on, so readers can focus on completing old projects rather than recording for new ones. (This is not a command, but a request.)

DPLs: Please help out by proof-listening in a timely manner. Also, please consider if you can PL extra files that you're not a DPL for. If you need help or cannot PL, please post! There are other listeners who can help you out. See list below for projects in need of a PL that are close to finishing!

What about soloists? We'd love to have you join in the March, too! If your solo project is lagging, and this initiative pushes you to complete it, let us know. That's just as much an accomplishment as reading for a group project. :)

ENGLISH FICTION:

ENGLISH NON-FICTION:
The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights) Volume 10 viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72544 5 sections open, essays about the stories
Arthur Wing Pinero, Playwright - A Study by Hamilton Fyfe (d.1951) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67676 2 sections open, contain French

OTHER LANGUAGES:
[Italian] Le Piacevoli Notti - Libro 2, di Giovan Francesco Straparola viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62832 1 section open
[Spanish] Antología de Cuentos Fantásticos by Various: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72810 1 section open
[Dutch] Naakt Model door C. S. Adama van Scheltema viewtopic.php?f=60&t=56088 Note: This is a play with 2 MALE roles open, and the BC prefers them to be read by men.

BOOKS THAT HAVE NOT GOTTEN OFF THE GROUND - Help to give them a boost! Projects begun more than one year ago and are less than 60% claimed, or were begun more than 9 months ago and are less than 50% claimed.
A Traveler from Altruria by William Dean Howells: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70818 Launched June '18, 8 of 13 sections open
The Deluge (vol 2) by Henryk Sienkiewicz: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65119 Launched Apr '17, 50 of 65 sections open
[German] Interessante Kriminalprozesse von Hugo Friedlaender: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=59891 Launched Feb '16, 23 of 76 sections open
The Heavenly Twins by Sarah Grand: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67899 Launched Oct '17, 39 of 96 sections open
U.S. Money vs. Corporation Currency, "Aldrich plan." by Alfred Owen Crozier: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65120 Launched Apr '17, 11 of 29 sections open
A Book of Whales by F.E. Beddard: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70152 Launched May '18, 16 of 26 sections open

BOOKS IN NEED OF A PL
[GROUP] An Essay Concerning Human Understanding Book III Of Words by John Locke: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72666 Now has a DPL!
[SOLO] The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73566 (4 of 11 sections recorded and need PL) Now has a DPL!
[SOLO] The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by AC Doyle: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73714 (7 of 14 sections recorded and need PL) Now has a DPL!
[SPANISH-SOLO] Romancero selecto del Cid: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72135 (18 of 24 sections recorded, 13 need PL) Now has a DPL!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
FULLY CLAIMED:
Faces in the Fire and other Fancies by Frank W. Boreham (d.1959) viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70996
Lady Sybil's Choice by Emily S. Holt: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62708
Nobody's Boy by Hector Malot: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21560
Dr. Heidenhoff's Process by Edward Bellamy: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71783
The Complaint, or Night Thoughts by Edward Young (revived abandoned solo) : viewtopic.php?f=28&t=63264
State of the Union Addresses by United States Presidents (1877-1884): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73858
A Multilingual Rubaiyat: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72305
[DRAM READ] The Railway Children by Edith Nesbit: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=72040
[Portuguese] Contos phantasticos by Teófilo Braga: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=72478
Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern, volume 8 by Various: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71934
The Santa Claus Story Book by Unknown viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72968
History of Egypt by F. C. H. Wendel: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72727
The Cowardly lion of Oz by Ruth Plumley Thompson viewtopic.php?f=28&t=73538
Micrographia by Robert Hooke: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=68351
[Play] The Lying Lover by Richard Steele viewtopic.php?p=1548498#p1548498
Practical Religion by J. C. Ryle viewtopic.php?t=63044
A Hypocritical Romance, and Other Stories by Caroline Ticknor viewtopic.php?f=28&t=73360
Harper's Young People, Vol. 01, Issue 15, Feb. 10, 1880 (short stories) viewtopic.php?f=28&t=73481
Angels of the Battlefield by George Barton viewtopic.php?f=28&t=73248
The Star Chamber Volume 1 by William Harrison Ainsworth viewtopic.php?f=9&t=71241
Little Pilgrimages Among the Women Who Have Written Famous Books viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73828
The Sword Maker by Robert Barr: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71359
[Play] The Gondoliers by W. S. Gilbert: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72206
[Play] Every Man Out of His Humour by Ben Jonson viewtopic.php?p=1548772#p1548772
Say and Seal by Susan Warner: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53452

CATALOGUED :clap: :clap: :clap:
Wishing Horse of Oz https://librivox.org/the-wishing-horse-of-oz-by-ruth-plumly-thompson/
Stories by Foreign Authors -- German Authors Volume 1 https://librivox.org/stories-by-foreign-authors-german-authors-volume-1-by-various/
St. George and St. Michael, Volume 2 https://librivox.org/st-george-and-st-michael-volume-2-by-george-macdonald/
[SOLO] Short stories and poems for children, original and select: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73806
[SPANISH-SOLO] Coplas de Jorge Manrique: https://librivox.org/coplas-by-jorge-manrique/
[SPANISH-SOLO] I Pleno Casatorio Civil de la Corte Suprema de Justicia la República de Perú: https://librivox.org/i-pleno-casatorio-civil-de-la-corte-suprema-de-la-republica-de-peru/
Legends and Myths of Hawaii: https://librivox.org/the-legends-and-myths-of-hawaii-by-david-kalakaua/
[SOLO] Uncle Silas: A Tale of Bartram-Haugh by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu https://librivox.org/uncle-silas-a-tale-of-bartram-haugh-by-joseph-sheridan-le-fanu/
[Dram Read] Dave Brings Home A Wife, by Steele Rudd: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=70071
The Dog Crusoe and his Master by R. M. Ballantyne: https://librivox.org/dog-crusoe-by-r-m-ballantyne/
[French]Les mystères de Paris par Eugène Sue: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43121
[SOLO] Voices Of The Night - And Other Poems by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow https://librivox.org/voices-of-the-night-and-other-poems-by-henry-wadsworth-longfellow/
[SOLO] The d'Artagnan Romances, Vol 2: Twenty Years After by Alexandre Dumas https://librivox.org/the-dartagnan-romances-vol-2-twenty-years-after-version-2-by-alexandre-dumas/
Prince Henry the Navigator, the Hero of Portugal and of Modern Discovery by Charles R. Beazley https://librivox.org/prince-henry-the-navigator-the-hero-of-portugal-and-of-modern-discovery-by-charles-raymond-beazley/
[Spanish] Los mejores cuentos... : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=71928
[Portuguese] À margem da história viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51201
[French] Emma par Jane Austen: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=59704
[German] Psyche von Hugo von Blomberg: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=71888
The Silver Bear by Edna Adelaide Brown https://librivox.org/the-silver-bear-by-edna-adelaide-brown/
A Voyage in the 'Sunbeam', Our Home on the Ocean for Eleven Months by Anna "Annie" Brassey viewtopic.php?f=12&t=70941
With Fire and Sword https://librivox.org/with-fire-and-sword-by-henryk-sienkiewicz/
[Russian] УШКУЙНИКИ, альманах by Константин Вагинов and others viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72974
Understanding Climate Change by the US Committee for Global Atmospheric Research: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72053
It Is Never Too Late to Mend by Charles Reade: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=66895
Fancies Versus Fads by G. K. Chesterton: https://librivox.org/fancies-versus-fads-by-g-k-chesterton/
A Daughter of the Land by Gene Stratton-Porter: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=63786
Letters from Victorian Pioneers by Various: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61834
Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder, the Highway, Housebreaking, Street Robberies, Coining or other offences Vol. 1 by Arthur L. Hayward .viewtopic.php?f=16&t=72167
Celebrated Crimes Volume 6 Part 2: by Alexandre Dumas: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66774
The Story of Ahikar by Ahikar. Translated by F.C. Conybeare and others. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72803
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Important note to all BCs: Your projects are eagerly awaited by listeners. For that reason, we do want to make sure that all projects move steadily towards completion.

If you have projects that are 80% or more completed and have open sections, post their title and their thread link here, and we'll add them to the list.

Also, please look through your projects for uncompleted sections that were claimed by readers more than 2 months ago. Post a reply in your project thread saying:
"To be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, all unrecorded sections that were claimed more than 2 months ago will be orphaned on March 7th unless the claimants post in this thread before then to reclaim the section."

Code: Select all

[color=red]"To be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, all unrecorded sections that were claimed more than [b]2 months ago[/b] will be orphaned on [b]March 7th[/b] unless the claimants post in this thread before then to reclaim the section."[/color]
Please also edit your first post to include this info.

When you have orphaned the sections and now have a previously fully-subscribed project with open sections, post about it here so we can add it to the list.

We want to post projects that have a chance of completion in March, although the category "projects that haven't gotten off the ground" is a bit more free. For that one, please only post projects that were begun more than one year ago and are less than 60% claimed, or were begun more than 9 months ago and are less than 50% claimed.

We want to help you complete your projects. Many thanks for your help in this! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'm always excited about monthly challenges. So I guess we'd better all post our claims and successes in here, so that we can keep track of the progress.

I'll start. I claimed Section 15. Selected poems by Giosue Carducci in "Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern, volume 8"

will report back when done, but this will take a bit of time.

I just noticed that March hasn't even started, but well, it counts already, doesn't it ? :mrgreen:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

If March is to be all about the Finnish, won’t it need a designated Finnbilly anthem?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ao-iNPPUc

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I guess that means I shouldn't pick up any more sections until I finish the ones I've got, huh? :wink: :lol:

Actually, I can tell you one project that should be finishing very soon, and that's St. George and St. Michael, Volume 2. It only needs two more sections from yours truly, both of which are already recorded. I just need to finish editing on them. The person who was going to PL them had to back out, though, so I'll need a new volunteer. I should be able to get them posted by tomorrow at the latest.

When I get home, I'll check progress on my BC projects and see if any of them are eligible for this cleanup challenge. Francis Asbury might be.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 27th, 2019, 11:54 am If March is to be all about the Finnish, won’t it need a designated Finnbilly anthem?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ao-iNPPUc

Chris
:roll:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

I have claimed 2 sections. One in Lady Sybil's Choice by Emily S. Holt & also one in the World's best literature. Suppose next I should look to see that no one else chose them prior to me.
Hopefully all the sections will be chosen & read in time for the March project.
;)
Last edited by adr6090 on February 28th, 2019, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
April
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

I have claimed one section of A Daughter of the Land by Gene Stratton-Porter. Hopefully, I can record the rest of the sections. I'm taking it one chapter at a time. :D
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I have claimed sec. 22 of "le piacevoli notti":
"Posso leggere la sezione 22, Notte Nona: FAVOLA II?
Grazie.
Pier2"
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I have seen that section of multilingual Rubáiyát: The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám - First Edition - in Hebrew - Massel , in Hebrew is still not assigned.
My daughter Claudia, who lived many years in Jerusalem, could do it, but only during Easter holidays. Would it be too late?
Pier
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 28th, 2019, 4:35 am I have seen that section of multilingual Rubáiyát: The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám - First Edition - in Hebrew - Massel , in Hebrew is still not assigned.
My daughter Claudia, who lived many years in Jerusalem, could do it, but only during Easter holidays. Would it be too late?
Pier
It would be "too late" for the March cleanup month, since Easter is in mid-April. :) But if no one else comes along, we'd be delighted to have her record it in April! The only recordings that are "too late" are those that come after someone else has recorded the section, or after a project has been cataloged. ;)
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I just claimed the remaining sections in Lady Sybil's Choice! Let's get some projects finished!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I have signed for the rest of the Charles Reade novel. Jim
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Updated the list with your two "fully claimeds". 8-)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have a section just orphaned in Legends and Myths of Hawaii viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69309