LibriVox YouTube channel (official)

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

Channel is rebranded and I keep upload as much as I can. I will post monthly in the statistics thread how we are doing on YouTube in total and for the last months as it may interest people .
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hey, nice! I like it!
kayray

Post by kayray »

This is really great! I have subscribed. :) It's an easy way to tell people how to listen to our books -- our catalog can be confusing, but nearly everyone understands YouTube. You can even do rudimentary searches -- I tried with "Kara Shallenberg", "Heidi", "Wind Willows" and "Austen" and got the expected results each time. :clap:

Whoa I just noticed the playlists. Is your process reading our metadata and making these playlists automagically? SO COOL!!!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

Yes its picking up genres, author and language to place it in the respective playlist automatically. I'm glad you like it, I am trying to add and use every bit of information from the original catalogue as possible to give the same feeling as listening here.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I agree, it's very well done. I also especially like playlists. One of the author playlists I checked out was missing a few things that I know we have, but I suppose it's because they're newer additions and you haven't gotten to them yet. :)