PD sounds

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

If the admins were to let in certain sounds, there would need to be very strong rules, or people will take liberties that shouldn't be taken. I'm sure this is why the founder and the admins have said no, because if we let certain sound effects into Plays etc. then why should we not let into solos and groups?
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Basquetteur wrote: March 9th, 2019, 10:30 am three simple notes or a triad could be used as separators in between disclaimers and intros or outros.
Now that put me in mind of the three notes on that little xylophone that Ruth Madoc in her role of Gladys Pugh used to play before announcements at Holiday Camp Maplins.

I further wonder whether even a single person at LibriVox knows what on earth I’m talking about.

Hi-de-Hi!
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 10th, 2019, 11:43 pm
Basquetteur wrote: March 9th, 2019, 10:30 am three simple notes or a triad could be used as separators in between disclaimers and intros or outros.
Now that put me in mind of the three notes on that little xylophone that Ruth Madoc in her role of Gladys Pugh used to play before announcements at Holiday Camp Maplins.

I further wonder whether even a single person at LibriVox knows what on earth I’m talking about.

Hi-de-Hi!
Chris
Yes I do - but it has been used elsewhere as well - for example in the current Mrs Maisel show on Amazon....

Thanks, Todd