Will there be a Christmas Short Works Collection 2018 ?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Hi

I see there's a Christmas Carol collection for 2018, but I can't see any Christmas Short Works Collection. Have I missed it?

Happy to contribute up to four readings over the next month, if there is going to be one.

Michael
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I don't believe anyone has launched one yet, but I expect there will be one. I'm eagerly awaiting a Christmas collection, too. I have a short story ready that I recorded back in January, and I'm chomping at the bit to submit it. I think all we need is somebody to volunteer to coordinate that collection, and I'm not sure who has done so in the past. I wouldn't mind doing it myself really, but I've never done that kind of collection before, and I'm not sure how it's different from a regular book project.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=68097&p=1410440&hilit=christmas#p1410440 is the link to last year's collection if you want to get some idea how it was done then?

Anne
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Yes, I'm also eager to see this collection launched, as I've had a story bookmarked to read for it! Are you thinking of taking it on, Devorah? Please do!
The difference from a regular book project would be that since each reader chooses their own material, the BC would have to check that whatever they choose is from a PD source. (I've been doing this with the Christmas Carol Collection). And you'd have to enter each source in the MW, which isn't difficult to do. My first time, my MC showed me how to do this, but as I said, it's easy once someone shows how.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, everyone, you've twisted my arm. Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72437

I'm very nervous about this, actually, and I'm sure I made it more difficult than it had to be. Calling an MC who doesn't mind me pestering them for the next month and a half! :lol: