Does anybody know Markus Peter?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

I found a book I read for Librivox on archive.org twice: one time with the original reference to librivox and second with a link to youtube where i found a LOT of other books 'originally' from readers for librivox. My book is read in german and is named 'Das Märchen vom Karfunkelstein' by Ludwig Ganghofer. A guy named Markus Peter took it, cut the librivox-intros and outros off and released it as 'video' on youtube. and the best :-( - he begs for a donation.... oh its published also on archive.org and that i think is insulting

https://archive.org/details/@markuspeter

You see I'm a bit pissed of - why is he allowed to put our works on archive.org including donation-link to paypal and follow-link to youtube??? He is not only using german books but also english/american ones...
Gavenports Reader Page
Aktuelles Solo-Projekt: in Vorbereitung 'Die Ahnen - Aus einer kleinen Stadt'
DPL: -
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Ah, one of the nice dudes... He probably thinks that stripping our recordings from the intro/outro is SOOOO much work that he deserves to get rich and famous for it.

There's not much we can do about that, since what he is doing is perfectly legal, if not moral.

However, you CAN leave reviews on archive, you did know that, right? :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Our recordings are released into the public domain, which means that anyone can do anything they want with them - including stripping out the intros and requesting donations with them.

It's annoying, but it's not illegal.

Feel free to post reviews on his Archive pages stating where the original recordings came from - a link to them, if you want. He can't delete reviews on Archive, but probably can delete such posts on YouTube. :)

EDIT: Availle posted JUST before I did. ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

TriciaG wrote: November 5th, 2018, 3:41 pm Our recordings are released into the public domain, which means that anyone can do anything they want with them - including stripping out the intros and requesting donations with them.

It's annoying, but it's not illegal.

Feel free to post reviews on his Archive pages stating where the original recordings came from - a link to them, if you want. He can't delete reviews on Archive, but probably can delete such posts on YouTube. :)

EDIT: Availle posted JUST before I did. ;)
I know that it is not illegal - but just wanted to scream it out what poor behaving this is... :hmm: :?
Gavenports Reader Page
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

I posted a comment to the 'movie' 'Das Märchen vom Karfunkelstein' by ' Markus Peter' on archive.org....

If you don't want to read it there: I want possible donations to be done to librivox.org, archive.org or legamus.eu - and not to 'Markus Peter' for just cutting of the librivox-intros and -outros.... :twisted:

<so this thread could be closed :mrgreen: >
Gavenports Reader Page
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Don't think we'll close it, others may like to know and post - some already have.
And I don't think he gets any money from us visiting there.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The reviews have been successful - the links to paypal and youtube have gone.

Anne
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

:clap: :thumbs: :clap:
Gavenports Reader Page