Audacity 2.3.0 Released - now with Punch & Roll

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
GrayHouse

Post by GrayHouse »

Download here.

New Features include:
  • Punch and Roll Recording
  • Pinned play head can now be repositioned
  • Playback speed can now be changed during playback
  • Volume and speed toolbars can be resized for better accuracy
  • Macro features enhanced and extended
Lots of other good stuff and bug fixes - full details
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

GrayHouse wrote: October 1st, 2018, 1:21 pm Download here.

New Features include:
  • Punch and Roll Recording
  • Pinned play head can now be repositioned
  • Playback speed can now be changed during playback
  • Volume and speed toolbars can be resized for better accuracy
  • Macro features enhanced and extended
Lots of other good stuff and bug fixes - full details
I learned about punch and roll just last week from watching youtube video about recording for audible. I went to Audacity and of course found it available and used it for my very first recording for LibriVox. It made it sooooo much easier to record than I thought possible. Highly recommend folks learn this important technique.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've been scared to try it, but after hearing everybody say how great it is, maybe I should just take the plunge.
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

mightyfelix wrote: February 10th, 2019, 6:50 pm I've been scared to try it, but after hearing everybody say how great it is, maybe I should just take the plunge.
Oh yes give it a go. Shift + D is your friend. Listen to the previous 5 seconds (default) and the software will automatically start recording at the point that needs to be re-recorded. It is wonderful.
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Is there a quick way to edit with just mouse clicks rather than keyboard shortcuts? I tend to record with my laptop several feet away, just have a monitor and wireless mouse on the desk. Currently, I record into a Zoom recorder, then copy to my PC and edit, but this sounds like it could make editing much easier to do on the fly, so I was thinking of kicking in for a microphone and making the shift. I don't remember if you can customize the tool bars in Audacity to add a button to the toolbars.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

Boomcoach wrote: February 11th, 2019, 6:13 am Is there a quick way to edit with just mouse clicks rather than keyboard shortcuts? I tend to record with my laptop several feet away, just have a monitor and wireless mouse on the desk. Currently, I record into a Zoom recorder, then copy to my PC and edit, but this sounds like it could make editing much easier to do on the fly, so I was thinking of kicking in for a microphone and making the shift. I don't remember if you can customize the tool bars in Audacity to add a button to the toolbars.
With your set-up I would think it would be easier to continue as you work now. You probably click a clicker or something, correct and move on and cut out the mistakes on the computer. That seems like a good way to work too. I'm totally new to this. For me... the punch and roll was such an improvement. As I learn more...who knows?