Finnish Librivoxers

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi all...

I was chatting with someone from Finland on a different topic in another forum and we got to talking about my Librivox activities. She mentioned that she'd like to do something like this but in Finland one has to be a trained actor to do so. Is that really true for a voluntary activity like Librivox? Do we have any Finns on the forum able to comment?

I'm asking partly out of interest, but if I can coax her into joining up that would be good too...
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

SkyRider,

Every country is different, and certain things might be regulated that in other countries are not. Perhaps you could ask her what makes her think that to participate in our projects a Finn needs to be professionally trained... I have friends who used to reside in Finland and if you'd like, I could ask them to try to find out a bit about it.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

This is certainly not a requirement for librivox :D

Our finnish speaking community is small, and it would be awesome if your friend would join us!
Carolin
lezer

Post by lezer »

I just catalogued a Finnish solo: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=66590 - no, you don't have to be a trained actor, even in Finland, to join us here at Librivox!
Anna
Cori

Post by Cori »

I wonder if your friend was thinking about recording books or newspapers for the blind? That can be quite niche and I can imagine those organisations might have professional requirements, even where it's a voluntary activity. As an 'organisation', LibriVox doesn't have those limitations. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!