[ENDED] An April Adventure! All 24 participants successful! 55 new sections! 14h 16m free public domain audio created!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Cori

Post by Cori »

Also, numbers updated in the first post, and a link to the online spreadsheet I'm tracking in, just in case anyone's curious or wants to know if they've been included yet. And let me know if I've missed anything!

Personally, I've recorded and done a rough edit of my first section, but need to give it a good polish yet. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Cori wrote: April 5th, 2018, 12:35 pm Also, numbers updated in the first post, and a link to the online spreadsheet I'm tracking in, just in case anyone's curious or wants to know if they've been included yet. And let me know if I've missed anything!

Personally, I've recorded and done a rough edit of my first section, but need to give it a good polish yet. :D
Love your terminology on giving it a good polish!!
April
April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, I've found another one to do. I'm going to contribute my first science fiction for LibriVox: Keep Your Shape by Robert Sheckley.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

My section for "Common Sense in the Household" has been OKed. I'm going to record one more for this project. I understand that for the purpose of the challenge 1 project=1 success, regardless how many sections one records for it?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Interesting adventure! I've only just seen this post, but I'm interested in expanding my horizons! I generally avoid American non fiction - I'll go have a look for some now!

(I thought about the idea of an economics book - if I have time I might do that too. I've never read economics for LV either!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chalk up one more for me, Cori. The section on the dissected spider is uploaded :) 7:04 minutes long, actually not that daunting.

I already found my next challenge, and this is for me a real challenge, actually on three levels, as I explained in MaryAnn's WWI project. Instead of writing it all here, you can read my claim and explanations here: viewtopic.php?p=1455954#p1455954

This may take me some time...so don't expect me back too soon LOL

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Gosh, Sonia, you are REALLY going for Adventure Gold! Good luck! Glad the spider section didn't turn out so bad, too. :D

Have fun picking, Beth -- I've not looked that that genre recently, so have no idea what kind of thing is ongoing.

Piotr, I'm sorry I missed your completing your Common Sense reading on the first day of the challenge! All correct and up to date now. I'm counting success when people have completed one section, yes -- but we're still tracking sections and total time separately, so any additions to those are welcome, and I think it's fair game to stay within the same book, given that you're onto a new topic with each chapter. :D

Neat story, Devorah ... looking forward to hearing that when it's catalogued. 8-)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I claimed a section in "Marion Harland's Complete Etiquette". I've never read a how-to guide and I've never read anything on etiquette.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Like Kara, I am adventuring into India, Persia, Mesopotamia and Palestine with a few short sections from this project:

viewtopic.php?p=1456166#p1456166

:)
Jo
Cori

Post by Cori »

Have fun with them, Jo! And you too, Piotr!

All numbers in first post updated. If anyone's completed something I've not noted, please let me know! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Keep Your Shape is uploading now. Finished time is 36:04. I really enjoyed this one!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oh, I'm glad you enjoyed it, Devorah! Updated!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'm done with my war poetry :9: it was a beautiful chapter, but v-e-r-y long. In fact, I checked, and this was the longest section I ever recorded for LV. 56:05 min. :shock: This may be normal for you seasoned big chapter readers, but it was definitely a big deal for me. (one I won't repeat again that quickly :lol: )

I'm happy I read it though, I found so many great poems in there. :)

Now I need a bit of a rest from the challenge. But I will probably find another one before the month is over.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Cori

Post by Cori »

:shock: :clap:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Okayokay, I'll play too.

It's hard to find a genre I haven't read for yet. But unless "Dracula" counts as Ghost/Horrorstory, I think I found my blind spot. :D

Hence my pledge:
I have decided to read one story for Bart's current Ghost and Horror Collection.

(Wish me luck! :shock: )
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com