[ENDED] An April Adventure! All 24 participants successful! 55 new sections! 14h 16m free public domain audio created!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, I just submitted my first ever weekly poetry reading. So I guess that technically counts. I feel like, in order for it to really count, though, I'd need to put forth a bit more effort than that took! :lol:
smike

Post by smike »

Well, I followed Piotr's example and claimed the muffins section (it was the shortest section). :D I've never recorded recipes before, and would never go for the audio version for cooking, so this was a new experience to me. :)
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I can announce that my first challenge has been submitted to the correct project. The economy chapter by John Stuart Mills actually was more interesting (and more comprehensible) than I initially feared. :lol:

And I immediately chose my next challenge. As I am never drinking alcohol, I figured, claiming a chapter on "The Daylight Drink" in MaryAnn's "Cakes & Ale": viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68090 would broaden my horizon in the booze-department. At least after recording this chapter, I will be able to mix all the delicious cocktails, even though I need to find someone else to drink them :mrgreen:

Sonia
Cori

Post by Cori »

Well done, Sonia! Maybe the cocktails will give you ideas for mocktails, which are just as much fun!

Muffins, Claudia -- we do have some amazing books floating around. :D

And, Devorah, I'm totally counting that. Although, if you want to pick something else adventuresome this month, please do feel free. ;)

Amusez-vous bien, April! :thumbs:

All claims and numbers up to date, I think, yes I do have a spreadsheet up and running ...
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cori wrote:Well done, Sonia! Maybe the cocktails will give you ideas for mocktails, which are just as much fun!
now I had to ask my sister what a mocktail is....you see I really need instruction in this very important department. :mrgreen:
All claims and numbers up to date, I think, yes I do have a spreadsheet up and running ...
oh I love statistics...I hope this will be made public by the end of the month ! :9:

Sonia
Cori

Post by Cori »

Me too! :D I've put some overall categories in the first post, and am updating there but if anyone has ideas for other stats, please do mention (or DM me).
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

My 5000-word, 32-minute drawing section is uploading now. It was okay - not my area of expertise, of course, not being at all artistic. But I think I did okay at reading it. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cori wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 1:09 pm Me too! :D I've put some overall categories in the first post, and am updating there but if anyone has ideas for other stats, please do mention (or DM me).
we might accumulate all the minutes for all the submitted sections...but then really everyone has to state that here in the thread (or we check after them in the correct project). It may be interesting to see at the end that we recorded, I don't know, 10 hours of material together. 8-) (hopefully more)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

How about architecture? I would like to solo the Henry Adams Mont-Saint-Michele and Chartres.
smike

Post by smike »

My file is submitted. It's very short, only 5:31 minutes. :)
Claudia

Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Hi Cori,
What a nifty project for April! I've signed up to read "Byron, A Dog of Scotland" from the book Dog Heroes of Other Lands. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67377&p=1454961#p1454961 "Dog" plus "Hero" in the title tipped me off that this book might be full of bathos, and I wasn't mistaken. Braving the terrors of storm and snow, Byron saves the lives of, not only a country doctor and a small boy, but no less than 65 sheep! I've never read an animal story before, and true or not, the style of the telling is far from my usual "state-the-facts-and-go-light-on-the-emotion" non-fiction. Furthermore, I'm a cat person and have never owned a dog!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Total time shouldn't be too hard to collect, Sonia -- and it does make a nice balance to number of sections. :D

Short and sweet, Claudia. Just like a good muffin! :mrgreen: (Assuming we're talking about the American kind, and not the British savoury ones ... )

Architecture is fair game, Jim! Though, gosh, 16 hours! :shock: Won't that take you 'til next April? (Not that there's any deadline, of course. :lol:)

You have me thinking now, Sue ... I have a feeling the last dog book I did might have been Tricia's Pompey the Little, completed 8 years and 7 days ago. 8-) Don't think I've done canine non-fiction though ...
Cori

Post by Cori »

Time so far totted up! In the first post ...
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cori wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 12:06 pm Time so far totted up! In the first post ...
super. Almost one hour in only 3 days... 8-)

Sonia
smike

Post by smike »

I think it's only four books, though, because I recorded from the same book Piotr did. :)
Claudia