In Memoriam

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

annise wrote: April 13th, 2019, 10:59 pm I've asked my daughter to let LV know, I'd hate to think if I were still active then that people had to worry about when to take over anything I was working on to finish it.

Anne
Yes. We could put Librivox on our list of People to be Informed too.

Best,

Barbara
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

I agree. LV is on my list to be informed of my death. I feel especially close to and grateful to my dpl's who've listened to my reading for literally years on end.

Peace be with you,
Sister
sadclown

Post by sadclown »

So sad to see how many people we have lost since I've been gone from the site! I worked with many of these fine folks and will miss them. But it is comforting to know that their legacy lives on with their voices captured here in audio format.
Jennifer
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We received an email this morning notifying us of the death of Nicholas Clifford (clifford in the forum).
http://www.middlebury.edu/newsroom/in-memoriam/node/620670
https://librivox.org/reader/4018?primary_key=4018&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results.

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

annise wrote: July 28th, 2019, 2:50 pm We received an email this morning notifying us of the death of Nicholas Clifford (clifford in the forum).
http://www.middlebury.edu/newsroom/in-memoriam/node/620670
https://librivox.org/reader/4018?primary_key=4018&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results.

Anne
Oh, no! So sad to hear this. He was a magnificent reader and a very kind gentleman.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I have added a line about Nicholas to the first post in this thread. Lovely photo on that obituary!

Nicholas read 24 novels of Henry James, out of his own 56 solos; and out of the 59 novels by James we have in our catalog.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I'm sorry to hear of his death. He'll be missed here.
Laurie Anne
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Oh my gosh! I have seen Dr. Clifford in person! I did the Middlebury summer language program in Japanese in the summer of 1993. He had either just stepped down or was stepping down after that year but he did remarks at the opening welcoming ceremony for the Chinese and Japanese language scholars. I only saw him that one time but he was very warm and gracious.

I didn't remember his name but noticed that his photo looked vaguely familiar when I went to the obituary and then I read it and realized why. I had no idea that he recorded here, but will make a point to check out some of his work.

I'm very sorry to hear of his passing.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
jbrown

Post by jbrown »

It’s so very sad to learn of Nicholas Clifford's death. He was the first narrator I listened to on LibriVox and his flawless performance was an inspiration. Professor Clifford has left a huge void. May God in His Mercy bring peace to Mr. Clifford's family and friends. He is missed.
Jaswin

Post by Jaswin »

Newbie here. I am listening to 'A Hazard of New Fortunes' read by Nicholas Clifford. Not only floored by the writing, but the reading is exceptional. I saw the date of decease after his name, and had to look up info on him in the forum. Amazing.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I just discovered this forum, looking for something else. It is a wonderful way to pay tribute, and a great idea to list LV on your "Who To Contact" list. Hats off to whomever came up with this idea.

So how would a family member contact LV to let them know someone had died?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

By sending an email to info @ librivox . org

It is manned (womaned?) by one of our admins who will take the necessary steps (like posting here, removing obsolete weblinks from the reader's page, informing BCs if there are still outstanding recordings etc.)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay, thanks.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We have learned that Beth Thomas (Elizabby on the forums) died last week. She will be sadly missed around the forums.
https://librivox.org/reader/6281

Anne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This is such sad news. We will indeed miss her. I have worked with Beth extensively on a good number of projects. I have been honored to consider her a friend. :cry:
By and by, some sweet day,
We shall meet our loved ones gone,
Some sweet day, by and by.