In Memoriam

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I collaborated with Beth on several plays over the past three or so years, including many that I had BC'ed myself. She was always a kind presence and put so much dedication and drive in her projects. Her untimely passing leaves a distinct void that will be felt for a long time to come, and I offer my deepest condolences to her family in their time of loss. She will be very much missed.
Tomas Peter
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

This is such sad news. Finding that I was working on a project with Beth was always sure to put a smile on my face. She was such a wonderful and versatile reader, and a pleasure to meet in the forums. Though I only knew her as an online presence, it feels like losing a friend somehow.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I am so sad to hear this. She helped me along the first time I BCed a project here. Such a vibrant person... she has left a strong legacy here. My thoughts and prayers go to her family.
Kathrine
msfry

Post by msfry »

commonsparrow3 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:51 pm Though I only knew her as an online presence, it feels like losing a friend somehow.
Indeed, and well said. We are real friends, I think. In truth, I spend as much or more time with some LV'ers than I do with my own friends, and surely work more closely with you on common interests than I do with most of my diverse family members, who are all busy with their own projects. I'd love to see a show of hands how many of you have family and/or close personal friends who listen avidly to your recordings, take pride in your accomplishments, and appreciate your dedication to our mission and our projects.
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

Beth Thomas has always been an encouragement to me, here on the forum and listening to her readings. She has been in so many of the LV books our family has enjoyed over the years.

Our prayers and sympathy for her family and friends...
April
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Oh, my goodness. I am so shocked and saddened by this news... :cry: Beth was the BC of the first project I ever read for. I was so excited, and she was so very encouraging and kind to me. She’s given me supportive feedback I’ve never forgotten. And I still use her style every time I set up a new dramatic reading — I’ve learned so much from her.

I’ll miss you, Beth!

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon her.
May her soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed,
Through the mercy of God,
Rest in peace.
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

I am so sorry to hear about Beth's (Elizabby) passing. Like many here I was very fortunate to work with her on some projects since I joined. Her wonderful voice and talents were a blessing and will live on forever here. My condolences to her family and friends.
Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
GillH

Post by GillH »

annise wrote: January 26th, 2020, 3:46 pm We have learned that Beth Thomas (Elizabby on the forums) died last week. She will be sadly missed around the forums.
https://librivox.org/reader/6281

Anne
Beth Thomas was a wonderful reader; definitely a favourite of mine. My heartfelt condolences to her family and friends on their loss. From the way she reads Ellen G White's "Christ's Object Lessons" I feel she was a believer and therefore will be in the better place.

Psalms 62:1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.
jmwills

Post by jmwills »

My father, Matt Wills (https://librivox.org/reader/3825?primary_key=3825&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results) passed away in April 2017 after a battle with lung cancer. He was born in 1949. I was told to reply to this thread to update his catalog page with those years.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

It's so hard to lose our parents. He was a superb reader, Joe. It's wonderful that you're going to participate, too.
~Lynette * - family visiting, very slow response and PL work until the 22nd.
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I am sorry here of your father's passing. I have updated him catalog page with the dates.

Thank you for letting us know!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

jmwills wrote: February 13th, 2020, 10:10 am My father, Matt Wills (https://librivox.org/reader/3825?primary_key=3825&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results) passed away in April 2017 after a battle with lung cancer. He was born in 1949. I was told to reply to this thread to update his catalog page with those years.
Thanks for letting us know Joe! Your father had a very distictive voice, it is great fun listening to him. I hope you will enjoy LV as much as he did.

I have made a mention in the first post of this thread.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I'm sorry for your loss. Our readings are a gift that we leave to the world.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Yes, LV recordings are things that will be your lasting legacy. My deepest sympathy to all who lost these people. :cry:
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

We have heard that Tim Bulkeley (tim bulkeley) has died. His wife, Barbara, has PM'ed me a little bit about Tim.

Tim's dates were 1948 - 2019. He was an Old Testament lecturer (retired) originally from England, taught in Congo (when it was Zaire in the 1980s), in New Zealand where we came in 1993, and from 2010 onwards we went to the Philippines. Sri Lanka &Thailand to teach also. He really enjoyed reading, making a range of videos and had a wonderful way with words.
https://librivox.org/reader/753
Ann

Audio, video, disco!