Audiobooks Unleashed

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Cori

Post by Cori »

I think Youtube would be an ideal venue for this. Someone took one of my recordings and set it near a river -- I completely love the effect overall! Though I'd like it even better if the disclaimer hadn't been removed entirely (or at the least, was included in the description.) Videos can be a great way to bring in new volunteers.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

audiobooksunleashed wrote:Oh well, I'll just do these on my own then. I did a few experiments and I think it sounds really nice.
So you will be turning good recordings into garbage by ruining them with musak and awful sound effects. Living off other's work of course, like so many others.
audiobooksunleashed

Post by audiobooksunleashed »

Cori wrote:I think Youtube would be an ideal venue for this. Someone took one of my recordings and set it near a river -- I completely love the effect overall! Though I'd like it even better if the disclaimer hadn't been removed entirely (or at the least, was included in the description.) Videos can be a great way to bring in new volunteers.
Interesting that your recording is whispered! I actually started toying with this idea because of ASMR. This thread got started because I didn't have any attribution on my videos but I started including them and am happy about it. Lots of videos that I need to add that to but I'm working on it as time and my depression allows. I still take out the recorded disclaimer though. Wait... you're Cori? THE Cori? I love your recordings!

That's harsh lurcherlover. I did the sea background for Ballad of Lost Haven and I absolutely loved listening to it, I felt it really complemented Sean's work (which is awesome by the way). People still have access to the original tracks, not like doing this gets rid of them. To each his own. I think that is the beauty of Public Domain, the ability to experiment and build upon things without getting entangled in a web of licenses.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Topic on hold due to two-way lack of LibriVoxiness.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!