Server breakdown - how to fix it [we need your help!]

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

:hmm: It is possible that I got confused with another project.

In any case, nothing beyond June is here, all files except the very first one are gone. Please reupload the files and post in the thread when you're done.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've been working on Sir Gibbie by George MacDonald, and we've got almost everything back to where it was before. However, just before the crash, we had a newbie claim a chapter, and no one can remember what their user name was. So we don't know if they've even re-registered or what. Is there a way we can look to see who our newest members are? Maybe I'll know the name when I see it, you know? So we can contact them to see if they're still interested? I just hate to think of someone just getting ready to start, and now we still haven't heard anything... I hope they didn't just give up. :|
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

You can sort the Members list (at the top of the screen) by date, to give this: memberlist.php?sk=c&sd=d&start=250

... but there are eight entries for September the 15th, then none until October the 14th. You might be lucky, if your new member managed to sneak in before the cut-off.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The people who registered in the lost time just aren't there anywhere. We are hoping they will come back.
Talk to your MC about any problems this causes to your project
Anne
deongines

Post by deongines »

I have a couple of chapters that include the title DeathShot which don't seem to go with any book that is currently listed. Did it disappear with the server problem? Or am I just not seeing it? thanks, deon
Turning it over in your mind will not plough the field.
linny

Post by linny »

deongines wrote:I have a couple of chapters that include the title DeathShot which don't seem to go with any book that is currently listed. Did it disappear with the server problem? Or am I just not seeing it? thanks, deon
Try this one...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62437&hilit=Death+shot
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've fixed the database entry so it should now be findable - thanks for letting us know

Anne
deongines

Post by deongines »

Thanks. I guess I'm still not sure how to search. I'm wondering if it doesn't appear on the book index, how will readers know to claim a chapter? 8-)
Turning it over in your mind will not plough the field.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

deongines wrote:Thanks. I guess I'm still not sure how to search. I'm wondering if it doesn't appear on the book index, how will readers know to claim a chapter? 8-)
I just did a search on "death shot" in the LV catalog, and it came up.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It didn't before - the forum URL slot was empty - I fixed it.
It shouldn't have happened - things were a bit rushed round here so it probably fell through the gap in the floorboards

I found it by using the forum search - up the top and just looking for topic titles. But it wouldn't be my search of choice

Anne