SEE NEW THREAD (was: Warning! Don't post anything...)

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I am ridiculous about saving things like that on the computer and keeping it all organized. I saved all of my sections on my iPad when I first started recording and then my laptop which just shut down and never turned on again about a year ago or so. So I lost them all, and even though I would probably never have looked at them again I was so upset I lost them cause' you never know!
~Tiffany
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

fiddlesticks wrote:I am ridiculous about saving things like that on the computer and keeping it all organized. I saved all of my sections on my iPad when I first started recording and then my laptop which just shut down and never turned on again about a year ago or so. So I lost them all, and even though I would probably never have looked at them again I was so upset I lost them cause' you never know!
I used to be very meticulous and neat. After a bunch of losses and setbacks I let go of the attachments and got real zen-like.

I still have a CD collection, though, that hasn't been touched, yet is still sacred ..so...only so much zen and detachment.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

does anyone know when they fix the routers if the recordings will be back as well as the posts?
Aaron
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I am quite sure that when this is fixed, everything will be back: the forum posts, the magic windows, the uploaded files... right to the point when the glitch happened.

Unfortunately I cannot say how long it will take to fix this, in the worst case over the weekend?

Until then, you can keep recording :mrgreen: or looking for new projects, or... simply take the weekend off and get out a little :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
KyleVanDeGlast

Post by KyleVanDeGlast »

Availle wrote:I am quite sure that when this is fixed, everything will be back: the forum posts, the magic windows, the uploaded files... right to the point when the glitch happened.
Unfortunately I cannot say how long it will take to fix this, in the worst case over the weekend?
Until then, you can keep recording :mrgreen: or looking for new projects, or... simply take the weekend off and get out a little :wink:
L-like out into the real world? Great Odin's Raven! I'm not going out there!
Apprentice Soloist, workin' on some more!
My Work
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

KyleVanDeGlast wrote:L-like out into the real world? Great Odin's Raven! I'm not going out there!
:lol:
Basquetteur

Post by Basquetteur »

Good luck with the recovery!!! I am sure everything will be back ok

Regards,

Basquetteur
smike

Post by smike »

TriciaG wrote: I'd love it if we could somehow have a message pop up to everyone logging in - not a PM that could be obsolete before someone logs in, but just something that shows up when anyone logs in. I don't think that's possible, though. :(
You could all follow @librivox on Twitter. You don't even need to have a twitter account, just bookmark the librivox twitter page in your browser, and if you encounter problems here, check there. It was my port of call when I couldn't log in yesterday.
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

So strange when I saw my recent PMs got lost too! :(
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I know jessie... it's very annoying... we're very sorry... :oops:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Well, I guess we could just all go stand out in a local park and read obscure 19th century poetry aloud instead. ;-)
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

stoogeswoman wrote:Well, I guess we could just all go stand out in a local park and read obscure 19th century poetry aloud instead. ;-)
Now there's an idea! :wink:
Kathrine
HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

stoogeswoman wrote:Well, I guess we could just all go stand out in a local park and read obscure 19th century poetry aloud instead. ;-)
^THIS!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holly
Holly

"I'll tell you right out, I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk." ~Kasper Gutman
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Update Oct 15, 3:00 pm Eastern Time: we're not able to recover the lost data. :( See this new thread for instructions on how to proceed from here: viewtopic.php?t=62490

-----------

De-Globalizing this thread.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine