Something more for our esteemed cover designers

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Basquetteur

Post by Basquetteur » September 15th, 2016, 12:52 pm

Hi,

Prompted by the earlier message about "something for the cover designers", and taking into account the framework of the already very helpful existing pages in order to design a cover in the LibriVox wiki, I have recently come accross a blog which contains critics and gives awards to professional cover designs of ebooks.

I find it interesting. As a cover designer here, I think I tend to make the same mistakes over and over.

Here is the link to the summary of the monthly awards entries, which covers about five years: http://www.thebookdesigner.com/2011/08/monthly-e-book-cover-design-awards/

There are fiction and non fiction awards. Of course the requirements in librivox are quite different and special, but nevertheless I find the awards curious.

May be other librivoxers know about other similar sites.

Cheers,

Basquetteur

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » September 15th, 2016, 1:57 pm

Interesting - but there were not any that leaped out at me.
With ours I always find it hard to make them square. And to make them look OK at the 3 siizes - sometimes they look great as CD cover size and messy as thumb nails.

Anne
Our objective is to make all books in the public domain available, for free, in audio format on the internet. - Hugh McGuire.