Project status table! Click here to find works nearing completion

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

For those who remember, we used to have a project status table posted in the wiki where folks could see a complete list of the projects currently underway, which projects were close to completion and which needed only a couple more sections claimed to be fully subscribed. When we changed over to the new system, our old process for creating that report no longer worked. I've been fiddling around and think I have figured out a way to create the report once again. So for those who are interested, it's here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Project_Status_Table

If you are looking for something to read, it's always best to browse one of the several readers wanted forums. This report will be out of date almost as soon as it is posted and may not be updated again for a week or two.

That said, I know of several people who watch for projects that are nearing completion because they love to help push those projects over the finish line. If you are one of those, then I hope you find this table helpful.

MaryAnn
kayray

Post by kayray »

Whoa! That's really really cool!

Did a little testing on the 0% subscribed ones:

"Letters from Victorian Pioneers", is in the Abandoned forum. "Poems and Songs", "Rhyme? And Reason?", "The Land of Beyond", and "The Sunlit Hours" are, too.

The link for "History of the Inquisition of Spain, Vol. 4" takes me to https://librivox.org/stats/active_projects!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

"Letters from Victorian Pioneers", is in the Abandoned forum. "Poems and Songs", "Rhyme? And Reason?", "The Land of Beyond", and "The Sunlit Hours" are, too.
That's us MC's fault - we use it to set up projects sometimes. We will need to mark them on hold in future - I've changed mine :oops:

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The link for "History of the Inquisition of Spain, Vol. 4" takes me to https://librivox.org/stats/active_projects!
That's what happens when the MC doesn't put in the forum link. :oops: Now people are going to see that MCs make mistakes! :roll:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Kara. I've tweaked the data for those projects . . . but I won't be able to actually update the wiki table until this evening when I get back to my computer at home.

If anyone sees anything else, please let us know. Some of this stuff (like the missing forum link) is really difficult to catch in the normal course of things, but when you look from a different perspective, then you see it.

MaryAnn
kayray

Post by kayray »

This is so great! I'll be using it for sure! Thank you :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This is neat. And I like that it says, "Data current as of [whenever]." Makes it easy to just glance and know if there's any new information.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I'm sorry to say that the project status table is on a bit of a hiatus. I'm migrating to a new computer, with a new version of office, and my old routine to create the project status table is not working. Microsoft has an add-in to be able to save word files as mediawiki text files, but I am unable to get it to work after trying for a couple of hours tonight. I have changed the registry files, which is how I got it to work on my old computer, but no luck this time.

I have also tried a couple of excel to mediawiki converters, and while the info comes out as a beautiful table, both converters that I have found drop all of the hyperlinks to project threads.

I will keep trying as time allows ...

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Happy to report that after several tries to research the problem, and multiple tries to rewrite registry files and do other things which I totally don't understand, I am now back in business creating the mediawiki text needed to update the project status table. So, new info posted this morning, and . . .

There are 21 projects with just one, two or three sections left to claim.

Calling all finishers who are looking for projects in need of just a little help to get them over the finish line!

MaryAnn

full status list is available here (updated roughly once a week):
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Project_Status_Table
[/quote]
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This poor project has fallen to the wayside. However, I've figured out how to do it using Google Sheets (IIRC, OpenOffice or LibreOffice spreadsheets didn't do something we needed it to do). So I'll try to remember to update these tables on a weekly basis.

I've updated them, but they're a little messy because I haven't done it in a while. (I didn't clean up some obvious data errors on some of the projects, e.g. where there are more than 100% of sections assigned, and the green "100%" looks weird.)

These tables can be used to see what projects are almost fully subscribed, or that don't have a DPL assigned in the MW (some projects that don't show a DPL may have some; check in the project thread itself).
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Is it a terrible hassle to update these tables? If so, please don't bother for my sake. I can find needy projects in other ways.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It's a LITTLE hassle, not terrible. I'll update 'em now. :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It's been a while since I've done it, so it may not be perfect - but they're updated.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sorry. I'd been doing it, but have been slacking the last couple of weeks. :oops:

EDIT: But Kevin, if you do find it helpful, then I'm very glad to know it! I think it's a great feature, but every time I update it, I can't help asking myself if anyone actually looks at it... :lol:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Thank you both.