LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently November 21st, 2017, 8:48 am

Post Posted:: August 16th, 2016, 6:16 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

For those who remember, we used to have a project status table posted in the wiki where folks could see a complete list of the projects currently underway, which projects were close to completion and which needed only a couple more sections claimed to be fully subscribed. When we changed over to the new system, our old process for creating that report no longer worked. I've been fiddling around and think I have figured out a way to create the report once again. So for those who are interested, it's here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Project_Status_Table

If you are looking for something to read, it's always best to browse one of the several readers wanted forums. This report will be out of date almost as soon as it is posted and may not be updated again for a week or two.

That said, I know of several people who watch for projects that are nearing completion because they love to help push those projects over the finish line. If you are one of those, then I hope you find this table helpful.

MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

Post Posted:: August 16th, 2016, 9:18 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Whoa! That's really really cool!

Did a little testing on the 0% subscribed ones:

"Letters from Victorian Pioneers", is in the Abandoned forum. "Poems and Songs", "Rhyme? And Reason?", "The Land of Beyond", and "The Sunlit Hours" are, too.

The link for "History of the Inquisition of Spain, Vol. 4" takes me to https://librivox.org/stats/active_projects!

"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

Post Posted:: August 16th, 2016, 9:25 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Quote:
"Letters from Victorian Pioneers", is in the Abandoned forum. "Poems and Songs", "Rhyme? And Reason?", "The Land of Beyond", and "The Sunlit Hours" are, too.

That's us MC's fault - we use it to set up projects sometimes. We will need to mark them on hold in future - I've changed mine :oops:

Anne

Post Posted:: August 17th, 2016, 5:31 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Quote:
The link for "History of the Inquisition of Spain, Vol. 4" takes me to https://librivox.org/stats/active_projects!

That's what happens when the MC doesn't put in the forum link. :oops: Now people are going to see that MCs make mistakes! :roll:

LibriVox site to have a scheduled outage November 22! Details HERE

Post Posted:: August 17th, 2016, 6:37 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks Kara. I've tweaked the data for those projects . . . but I won't be able to actually update the wiki table until this evening when I get back to my computer at home.

If anyone sees anything else, please let us know. Some of this stuff (like the missing forum link) is really difficult to catch in the normal course of things, but when you look from a different perspective, then you see it.

MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

Post Posted:: August 17th, 2016, 8:08 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

This is so great! I'll be using it for sure! Thank you :)

"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

Post Posted:: July 8th, 2017, 9:58 am 

This is neat. And I like that it says, "Data current as of [whenever]." Makes it easy to just glance and know if there's any new information.

Journal of Francis Asbury, second Methodist bishop and traveling preacher in America from 1771-1815
Religion: Mushrooms on the Moor by Frank Boreham (died 1959)
Fantasy: The Double Life of Mr. Alfred Burton

Post Posted:: September 4th, 2017, 7:29 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

I'm sorry to say that the project status table is on a bit of a hiatus. I'm migrating to a new computer, with a new version of office, and my old routine to create the project status table is not working. Microsoft has an add-in to be able to save word files as mediawiki text files, but I am unable to get it to work after trying for a couple of hours tonight. I have changed the registry files, which is how I got it to work on my old computer, but no luck this time.

I have also tried a couple of excel to mediawiki converters, and while the info comes out as a beautiful table, both converters that I have found drop all of the hyperlinks to project threads.

I will keep trying as time allows ...

MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

Post Posted:: September 24th, 2017, 5:17 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Happy to report that after several tries to research the problem, and multiple tries to rewrite registry files and do other things which I totally don't understand, I am now back in business creating the mediawiki text needed to update the project status table. So, new info posted this morning, and . . .

There are 21 projects with just one, two or three sections left to claim.

Calling all finishers who are looking for projects in need of just a little help to get them over the finish line!

MaryAnn

full status list is available here (updated roughly once a week):
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Project_Status_Table
[/quote]

My Librivox solos