[DONE! Group song] LV 11th Anniversary Song

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I just listened to this and it's AWESOME :thumbs: :clap: :9: How you managed to put as all that well in sync is a marvel. Still one can here the one or the other distinct voice out of the chorus. And all the interpolations in between just make it that much special. Really cool. Great job (actually all of us :mrgreen: )

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Kitty wrote:Still one can hear the one or the other distinct voice out of the chorus. And all the interpolations in between just make it that much special. Really cool. Great job (actually all of us :mrgreen:)
One voice and then another will be featured even more distinctly when I really get going on the editing, pulling out solos and duets and trios from the chorus. But you've all been giving me so much good material to work with that I hardly know where to begin! And I do love all the fun and creative interpolations! All of you have done a great job! :thumbs:
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I gave this anniversary song a go. It was a fun one:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lv11annivsong_lkp.mp3
(2:19)
So little space, so much to say.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

The sound of all of us singing as a group sounds pretty decent. Especially considering we're spread out all around the world. Great editing, Maria! :clap:
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Lucy_k_p wrote:I gave this anniversary song a go. It was a fun one:)
Thank you, Lucy! I'm glad you had fun! I'll add your voice to our chorus!
mhhbook wrote:The sound of all of us singing as a group sounds pretty decent. Especially considering we're spread out all around the world.
I love the "all around the world" aspect of LV, Mary! :) I've barely ever travelled very far from home, but at LV I've been able to work with colleagues I've never met in places I've never been!
J_N

Post by J_N »

I am surprised how well we fit together... :shock: :clap:
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just reminding people about this - it's great you are running it

Anne
soupy

Post by soupy »

The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Yaaah! :thumbs:
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

soupy wrote:I tried out the song too.
Thank you, Soupy! Very nice to have another male voice in the mix!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Had to be part of this song! :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lv11annivsong_ke.mp3

I trust you wont use the parts that make me cringe to listen to... :) Thank you for doing a song, Maria :clap:
Kathrine
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

kathrinee wrote:Had to be part of this song! :clap:
I trust you wont use the parts that make me cringe to listen to... :)
Thank you, Kathrine! Don't worry, my own cringe-worthy bits are going into the editing dustbin, and the same with everyone. With so many singers to mix and match, I can fill up the song using everyone's most delightful bits - and everyone has given me delightful bits! :)
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

The song is now finished and has been uploaded to the LV 11th Anniversary Collection project. Here it is.

THANK YOU to all the wonderful singers who chimed in with their voices! I've never done this kind of project before and wasn't sure what I was doing, but you all helped make it work, with so much lively melodious singing, plus all the whoops and hollers and fun remarks! I couldn't have pulled this off without you - Sue, Ruth, Tricia, Mary, Sonia, Esther, Lilith, Ezwa, Julia, Rapunzelina, Anna, Lucy, Craig, Kathrine, (and oh yeah, you too, Dad) - you're all the best!
:clap: :D
lezer

Post by lezer »

Great, Maria - that must have been a huge job, and it sounds such fun all put together! Thank you so much!
Anna
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

commonsparrow3 wrote:The song is now finished and has been uploaded to the LV 11th Anniversary Collection project. Here it is.

THANK YOU to all the wonderful singers who chimed in with their voices! I've never done this kind of project before and wasn't sure what I was doing, but you all helped make it work, with so much lively melodious singing, plus all the whoops and hollers and fun remarks! I couldn't have pulled this off without you - Sue, Ruth, Tricia, Mary, Sonia, Esther, Lilith, Ezwa, Julia, Rapunzelina, Anna, Lucy, Craig, Kathrine, (and oh yeah, you too, Dad) - you're all the best!
:clap: :D
Maria, it's great that you started the recording with RuthieG singing. I could almost picture her standing by an upright piano with lyrics in hand, then the rest of us stepping in behind her as we all joined in the song. :D
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚