11 years - 10,022 projects!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

AMAZING!
Carolin
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

This is wonderful! :9:
Congratulations, everyone who made this possible!
Anusha - My LV page, and Some of My Music!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Congratulations everyone! What a great team effort!

Yet, I am soooo glad that it's over. 232 is a lot of projects in 6 weeks. Lot of other stuff in life has taken a back seat to recording and I need to start digging out and taking a bit of rest before the summer is over! So, for the next little bit, I'll be reading less and spending some time relaxing. Time to rest, recharge, and refresh! We have earned it!

MaryAnn
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

Go team! It has been great fun and we are amazing.
So little space, so much to say.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Well, I tried! My team pushed really hard, and my solo catalogued on IA on 8/9, but for some reason didn't catalog on LV until 8/10. Either way, I enjoyed participating and feel like I was part of the party. Congratulations, Librivox, and all participants. I look forward to a wonderful 12th year with you all. This was fun!

https://librivox.org/life-of-harriet-beecher-stowe-compiled-from-her-letters-and-journals-by-charles-edward-stowe/
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It was counted in the numbers. Archive had a really long queue for some reason , The Kalevala took even longer to derive at Archive , and only made the catalogue when I got up . There is no way to hurry up Archive , and we can't catalogue things until we have all the different files made .

Anne
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm sorry you didn't "officially" make it, but your project was in validation when I closed the count, so it is among those 6 "finished" projects.

Anne, I am glad the Kalevala got done - I think it was the longest running project on our list. :clap:

I have moved it down to the other completed projects - that makes a total of 45 projects finished from the clean up list, yet another record!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

Availle wrote:I'm sorry you didn't "officially" make it, but your project was in validation when I closed the count, so it is among those 6 "finished" projects.

Anne, I am glad the Kalevala got done - I think it was the longest running project on our list. :clap:

I have moved it down to the other completed projects - that makes a total of 45 projects finished from the clean up list, yet another record!
I'm glad the Kalevala made it. It was a really interesting read. I'd like to thank Anne for pointing me toward it, because I enjoyed it a great deal.

It's an epic poem about three wizards and their ongoing feud with a witch. It contains all kinds of oddness, but perhaps my favourite bit was when "Leminkinenen Kakumele also known as Akto" (and my goodness does that wreck the metre: __just call him Akto__ I kept thinking) breaks into the Witch's fortress, but to complete his burglary also needs to sneak in a plow and an ox.

I'm not a catburglar myself, but at the point you need to sneak in livestock, I think you may be doing it wrong.
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Catburgling? Oxen? Plows? :shock:

I'm not big on (epic) poetry, but I think I NEED to listen to this now. Thanks Timothy! (and also for reading for this project :thumbs: )
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You've caught me. I've downloaded it! (Of course, after I listen to it, only 10,000 more things to download and listen to next!)

Thanks, Todd
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Oh yeah! It looks like Boy finally wandered into the catalog. I thought maybe he got lost along the way.

Maryann
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Oh yeah! It looks like Boy finally wandered into the catalog. I thought maybe he got lost along the way.

Maryann
Spoiler alert: he was dognapped :shock: