Resurrecting Abandoned Projects

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
downey8kids

Post by downey8kids » March 21st, 2016, 6:18 am

Hey guys. I was working on Dr. Syn by Russell Thorndike. I think it has turned into an abandoned project. How can I get it back up and running. I have been real busy lately, but I do intend to finish this unusual story.

carteki

Post by carteki » March 21st, 2016, 6:29 am

Post your request here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22757

No-one has picked it up, but the title does look fascinating.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 21st, 2016, 4:49 pm

Or, an easier way is to PM any admin, and that person can bring out of mothballs for you. Let me look around for it and let you know what I find. :D
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 21st, 2016, 4:53 pm

The project was marked as abandoned as of February 27. It has not been posted for adoption in the Abandoned Solos thread. Would you like it brought back out? If you do, then I will put it in the Launch Pad. You may have to wait for a new MC.
Ann

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 21st, 2016, 5:02 pm

icequeen wrote:The project was marked as abandoned as of February 27. It has not been posted for adoption in the Abandoned Solos thread. Would you like it brought back out? If you do, then I will put it in the Launch Pad. You may have to wait for a new MC.
Actually, it WAS in the Abandoned Projects thread, but someone mysteriously deleted it. 8-) (Not me.)
Fiction, open sections mostly adventure in Australia: It Is Never too Late to Mend
Irish Home Rule Arguments: Handbook on Home Rule

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » March 21st, 2016, 7:37 pm

I was the MC for this project. It was abandoned when there was no response to my post in the thread after a month. I removed it from the abandoned project post earlier today when I saw this thread so that no one tried to pick it up before I have time to reinstate it.

Edited to add: Project is active again and back in Going Solo. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=58174
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

carteki

Post by carteki » March 27th, 2016, 3:02 am

And the original reader hasn't been back to the site since! Hopefully just on an Easter Break.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » March 28th, 2016, 5:01 pm

That's OK, sometimes it takes a little time to get back in the LV habit. At least we know that the project is still wanted.
Ann