LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 18th, 2017, 1:51 am

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post Posted:: May 15th, 2016, 11:05 pm 

I understand. For me, I like playing with my voice, but have never been involved in formal dramatics. I've never understood how people manage to remember all those words!

Peter

Post Posted:: May 16th, 2016, 6:18 am 

That's another mystery about actors. My mother always told me that the great actors tended to be very intelligent. Based on the buzz around here and my subsequent experience this seems to be true. But Librivoxers are smart and I bet you could memorize lots of lines if you had to, Peter!
Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson

Post Posted:: May 16th, 2016, 6:30 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

This thread could just as easily be titled why don't more people read the projects I want to BC , whatever they are. People chose what they want to read and what suits their way of life and their mindset and that's good , because it means we have a wide range of books for people to enjoy both reading and listening.

Anne

Post Posted:: May 16th, 2016, 7:30 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Quote:
Why don’t more people read in the dramatic forum?

Well ... (ahem).....there seems to be just too much ... drama. :roll:

(I have resisted the urge to post that for soooooo long but felt weak this morning; sorry)

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

Post Posted:: May 16th, 2016, 8:56 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Oh, Phil, just when I was beginning to think from your new signature line that you had turned a new leaf and become seriously Philosophical....

Todd

Post Posted:: May 16th, 2016, 9:52 am 

As far as I'm concerned, Phil is practically perfect in every way! Without his videos, I couldn't be a Librivox reader. You take the ech! out of technology, Phil!!
Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson

Post Posted:: May 16th, 2016, 2:33 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

ToddHW wrote:
Oh, Phil, just when I was beginning to think from your new signature line that you had turned a new leaf and become seriously Philosophical....

Todd

Ha. Not a chance Todd. I do get reflective and thoughtful every now and then but if I'm quiet and have some gumbo it passes quickly. Image

Post Posted:: May 16th, 2016, 2:35 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

pnagami wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, Phil is practically perfect in every way! Without his videos, I couldn't be a Librivox reader. You take the ech! out of technology, Phil!!
Pam

Well..... that is the nicest thing for you to say Pam. REally. Image Thank you and we are so happy to have you with us in LV. It's been awhile since I've made a video but if you see anything that you think might benefit from one just let me know, eh?

Post Posted:: May 16th, 2016, 2:56 pm 

Thanks, Phil.

I'm a senior and Librivox has meant everything to me. But without your videos, the technology would have been too much, I think. Your YouTube presence is not only informative, it's reassuring!!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson

Post Posted:: May 17th, 2016, 2:46 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

pnagami wrote:
Thanks, Phil.

I'm a senior and Librivox has meant everything to me. But without your videos, the technology would have been too much, I think. Your YouTube presence is not only informative, it's reassuring!!

Pam

:oops: I am blushing Pam. Thank you again. Being a bit senior myself I know intimately the bewilderment and frustration with learning new things, especially things that seem to come so easily to other. I appreciate anyone who gives me just the smallest bit of encouragement and so I try to give this to others who are confused and just want to give up. I know the battle very well!!! And I know the happiness that comes of struggling through to knowledge or learning a skill. :thumbs:

Post Posted:: May 17th, 2016, 4:16 pm 

Phil,
You have opened the door of technology, which is often slammed shut to the uninitiated. It's as big deal.
Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson