Why don’t more people read in the dramatic forum?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I understand. For me, I like playing with my voice, but have never been involved in formal dramatics. I've never understood how people manage to remember all those words!

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

That's another mystery about actors. My mother always told me that the great actors tended to be very intelligent. Based on the buzz around here and my subsequent experience this seems to be true. But Librivoxers are smart and I bet you could memorize lots of lines if you had to, Peter!
Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

This thread could just as easily be titled why don't more people read the projects I want to BC , whatever they are. People chose what they want to read and what suits their way of life and their mindset and that's good , because it means we have a wide range of books for people to enjoy both reading and listening.

Anne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Why don’t more people read in the dramatic forum?
Well ... (ahem).....there seems to be just too much ... drama. :roll:

(I have resisted the urge to post that for soooooo long but felt weak this morning; sorry)
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Oh, Phil, just when I was beginning to think from your new signature line that you had turned a new leaf and become seriously Philosophical....

Todd
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

As far as I'm concerned, Phil is practically perfect in every way! Without his videos, I couldn't be a Librivox reader. You take the ech! out of technology, Phil!!
Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

ToddHW wrote:Oh, Phil, just when I was beginning to think from your new signature line that you had turned a new leaf and become seriously Philosophical....

Todd
Ha. Not a chance Todd. I do get reflective and thoughtful every now and then but if I'm quiet and have some gumbo it passes quickly. Image
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

pnagami wrote:As far as I'm concerned, Phil is practically perfect in every way! Without his videos, I couldn't be a Librivox reader. You take the ech! out of technology, Phil!!
Pam
Well..... that is the nicest thing for you to say Pam. REally. Image Thank you and we are so happy to have you with us in LV. It's been awhile since I've made a video but if you see anything that you think might benefit from one just let me know, eh?
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks, Phil.

I'm a senior and Librivox has meant everything to me. But without your videos, the technology would have been too much, I think. Your YouTube presence is not only informative, it's reassuring!!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

pnagami wrote:Thanks, Phil.

I'm a senior and Librivox has meant everything to me. But without your videos, the technology would have been too much, I think. Your YouTube presence is not only informative, it's reassuring!!

Pam
:oops: I am blushing Pam. Thank you again. Being a bit senior myself I know intimately the bewilderment and frustration with learning new things, especially things that seem to come so easily to other. I appreciate anyone who gives me just the smallest bit of encouragement and so I try to give this to others who are confused and just want to give up. I know the battle very well!!! And I know the happiness that comes of struggling through to knowledge or learning a skill. :thumbs:
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Phil,
You have opened the door of technology, which is often slammed shut to the uninitiated. It's as big deal.
Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson