Endorsement from Librivox?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Dini

Post by Dini »

I am sure many of the Librivox volunteers are also people who work, or would like to work as voice-over artists. Is it OK for me to ask my MC or DPL for private feedback or even for an endorsement? Such feedback (positive or constructive) is very useful as we pursue our careers or hobbies and we have to start somewhere! If the answer is yes, can we include the Librivox logo?

Thank you!
Dini from Canada
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I don't know about an endorsement. That just seems weird to me. As an MC, I probably wouldn't do it, partly because I don't listen to the projects I MC.

You can always ask for constructive criticism/feedback on your recordings. The policy is "no unasked-for criticism" rather than "no criticism at all". 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Your DPL is probably the person to ask, and perhaps the BC. You can ask privately or openly - there's no problem with that.

Endorsement is probably pointless - Librivox is well known but it is also well known that we are a volunteer group with minimal technical requirements. It won't help you professionally - what might interest is if you record something (probably a solo) then use the link to the catalogue as a sample. That way the person listening can hear you!