LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 19th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Post Posted:: January 19th, 2016, 8:27 am 

Not to sound macabre, but as a purely practical matter, does Librivox post obits somewhere if someone dies? Most clubs have a newsletter or forum, or now a Facebook page, but we don't exactly fit the club format. Still, it would be totally weird if anyone just disappeared without any explanation, especially MC's and BC's with ongoing projects. And, is there an email we can provide to our family members where they could notify Librivox in that event?

Post Posted:: January 19th, 2016, 9:03 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

What has happened in the past, in my experience, is that a family member will log in to the forum (probably as the recently deceased) and inform us by posting about it. Or if there's an off-forum relationship, they'll email someone, who will then post it.

Any of our email addresses, such as info@ or the "thank a reader" one, will be looked at and acted upon.

Usually the announcement goes in this forum.

Fiction about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late

Post Posted:: January 19th, 2016, 6:20 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

When we know that a reader has died, we also edit their catalog name to include birth and death dates or in some cases just the dod.

Post Posted:: January 19th, 2016, 11:12 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

You would probably be surprised to hear that most people , including very active members just disappear and we have no idea what has happened . I've asked my children to let LV know - but whether when the time comes they will hasn't been tested yet :D . And if someone dies suddenly I can see it may be the lasr thing the family think of. And of course most people who drop out just don't want to continue - which is fair enough . But it would be nice to know if the have projects running , then we could get someone to complete it

Anne