How does a book get added as a podcast to iTunes?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
carteki

Post by carteki »

Kara,

Thanks. I am actually one of the people who makes the m4b files.

Generally audiobooks in iTunes are under music with each chapter as a separate song in the album. If you get the ID3 Tags correct this fits perfectly into iTunes. My question is why are we loading Librivox stuff on iTunes for download from there under podcasts. Podcasts assumes new content to be added in the future which is not the case with our completed projects.

Basically it's just really difficult to get Librivox content through iTunes and easier to download separately and then "add the file or folder to library" (depends on if you download mp3's or m4b's) and then hope like hell that the ID3 Tags are correct (for mp3's) so that they feature correctly in iTunes - which is why I now listen to m4b's. If you download the podcasts or mp3's the odds of getting an album cover are also miniscule.

Anon.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

At this point, I have no idea who knows the history. But in future, people could probably upload them as music files. *shrug*
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I am not an iTunes user but from what I have read, I don't think it is as simple as you may think it is to put content in the iTunes store.

The method of submitting podcasts (if it worked for us, which currently it doesn't) is very simple and quick, and more importantly free: you just submit the feed URL. From what I read (and I haven't been able to find much) submitting content to the Music category is very different indeed. If you know how it is done, I should be interested to learn.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding