Librivox App?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
DomenicaC

Post by DomenicaC »

Is there a Librivox app for iPhone? My husband went hiking alone recently, and wanted to fall asleep listening to his wife (me) on librivox... awww :)

Thanks for your help.
Domenica Campbell
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Librivox is not involved in any app developing. Having said that, one of our members has produced one and talks about it in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=57988
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Domenica,

I've used various iPhone apps in the past, but lately, I have been very happy with a free one called Librivox. It's free from the App store. Its search function for the Librivox catalog is the smoothest yet and you can download several books and and listen to them without losing your place in each.
Good luck,

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
DomenicaC

Post by DomenicaC »

Thank you for the suggestions, much appreciated:-)
ScottLawton

Post by ScottLawton »

pnagami wrote:I have been very happy with a free one called Librivox. It's free from the App store. Its search function for the Librivox catalog is the smoothest yet
There are many good things about that app, and the developer is also a forum member.

Since the original question was posed by a reader with several items in the catalog, I'll take the liberty of pointing out that my newer app (linked via the above thread) uses the actual LibriVox site for search. That has a tangible advantage in this case: searching by forum name or reader name finds the appropriate books. That's not true for the older app named (confusingly) 'LibriVox'. Granted, that app has some features mine doesn't (yet), so I encourage people to try both.
Cheers,

Scott
Aplt1.com - alternate LibriVox catalog that puts more info up front; optional iOS app
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Wow! I will check it out.
Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson