one book, two titles

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
david wales

Post by david wales »

I've just noticed that one of Conan Doyle's books is listed with us under two different titles:
A Desert Drama From the description: (Also published under the title The Tragedy of the Korosko (1898))
The Tragedy of the Korosko

I can't remember why we chose A Desert Drama for the title when I recorded the book. And I suppose it doesn't really matter. Probably should be under one title, or at least a reference between the two. BTW, I wouldn't have recorded the book (2013) if I had noticed that it was already recorded (2009). My Bad! :oops:
Peace, David
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's hard when they are published under different names. Sometimes it's for "the American Market" - like Harry Potter still was. Jules Verne has a number of ones the same, maybe different translations. So it's not your fault if you use the title it was published under. I brought on line a series for one of my daughters as a present and finished up with 2 copies of the same story. They had different titles.

Anne
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I'll fiddle around with them, so that they both show up in a catalogue search for The Tragedy of the Korosko.

ETA I only had to change the title in the LibriVox catalogue - everything else was already there :? ...unless someone else has already done it.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding