A Little Tip Which May Make Your Librivox Life Easier

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
DomenicaC

Post by DomenicaC »

Hi all.... I just wanted to share this tip for anyone that prints out scripts to read from. It has made it so much easier for me to keep track of multiple projects I'm working on. I print myself a script and at the top of the page I put this text which helps me keep track of what, where, when, who etc. that applies to each section/chapter I've signed up for.

This is especially useful if I take any length of time away from a reading, I can easily go back and see what stage I'm at, and where to find my project in the forum threads.

Just wanted to share, in case it made anyone's life a little easier :)

Thread:_________________________________________________
Section/Chapter Number: _______________________________
MC Name: ______________________________________________
Date Requested: ___________ Date Assigned: _____________
Date Submitted for PL: ___________ Duration: ____________
Date of Feedback: ___________ Date Resubmitted: _______
Date PL OK: ____________________________________________
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Excellent suggestion! I don't print out my texts but I do copy them into a word processor document so I can make notes, highlight problem areas, etc. Now I'll add this at the top. Thanks. :)
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Good idea, Domenica :).

Don't forget also that your reader page will show the status of all the sections that you have claimed: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/10038. Click on 'Reader section details' under your name to see all your outstanding sections.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thats great domenica!

i also have a txt file on my laptop in which i put notes of everything i might forget - links to projects, links to texts i might want to record/bc, tricias explanation of how replaygain works, stray reservation codes, notes to self, etc.. im not half as organized as you are, but writing things down definitely helps :)
Carolin
DomenicaC

Post by DomenicaC »

RuthieG wrote:Good idea, Domenica :).

Don't forget also that your reader page will show the status of all the sections that you have claimed: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/10038. Click on 'Reader section details' under your name to see all your outstanding sections.

Ruth
Thanks so much for the link Ruth! I didn't know about the reader page, that will definitely be a feature I'll be using going forward :D
Domenica