On the order of DPL

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hello everyone. As some of you may know I am DPLing many projects at this time although I am rather new to L. I do have a question though... On some of the novel type projects, I would prefer to listen in order to the chapters. I do not need to tell you all that chapters are claimed and recorded in random order. It would probably make things very difficult for the recording artists and BC MC etc. if it was done this way. What are your thoughts?
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

On group projects, you need to listen to them in the order they come in.

The readers need feedback sooner rather than later, especially newer readers who usually start out in group projects. It wouldn't work for them to submit a chapter and have to wait a month (or more!) for feedback on it when they're wanting that feedback to determine if they're ready to, possibly, start their own solo.

It's one of the disadvantages of DPL'ing group projects. :)

My only suggestion would be to DPL as they come in, but then save the files and listen in order when things are completed.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thanks Tricia. I have pretty much thought the same thing. It is somewhat of a bummer because I want to maximize throughput, but want to listen in order too. I guess that is the cake I wish to have and eat. Oh well. Still ok. I don't mind in most projects. :twisted:

not sure why a devil emo...just never used one yet. ha
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

I try to only DPL group projects if I've read the book already. For example, right now I'm PLing Little Women, which I've read/listened to/watched so many times I can almost tell when someone doesn't have the words in the correct order. In that case, I don't get lost when I listen to chapter 33 and then 14 and then 52. (It's the same for the Henty book I'm PLing right now.) I try to only PL books I haven't read before if they're solos, because soloists almost always go in order. :)
Adele

Post by Rapunzelina »

It was weird for me at first, too, but I have come to enjoy filling in the gaps later on! Wondering and trying to guess what happens in a particular chapter that leads to the events in a following chapter, and discovering the truth afterwards. It can be fun! :mrgreen:
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

That does sound fun. I will try it. Thanks. :thumbs:
Anthony