Homeschool Group Project

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Hi. In case you didn't know, I am a homeschooled student. (my mom's on Ambleside Online) I am a member of a local homeschool group. I would like to do a group project with my friends. My question is, do all the readers need individual accounts? Thanks,
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We like to be sure that readers, especially under age ones and their parents are aware of what public domain means. And I would have to tell you , that although it seems a really good idea , the percentage of these type of projects that have actually made it to the catalogue is very very low and put a big work load on the shoulders of the organiser - which would be you. As you no doubt have discovered producing a usable recording is not just a case of grabbing a book and reading for 5 minutes.

Anne
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Yes... I know that I would have to ask their parent's permission and explain about the public domain. I would be working together with the friend of one of my parents. I have chosen a very short book with very short sections (around 500 words each) that was written for children in 1970 (it's on Gutenberg,there was a discussion about it here.) I feel that I am ready to do this, however it would be probably in a few weeks. I would like to know whether the individual readers would need separate accounts.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, separate accounts, please. And those under age 13 need parental permission.

Or is it even older than that? No, I think it's 13. Whatever the cutoff date is when you try to register. :lol:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Great. Thanks!