What's up with Auphonic?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

I rely on Auphonic because it's the only program I know of that can give me quality recordings. I don't know how to make Audacity work in the same way, and I can't find any comparable programs. I am borrowing someone's laptop until I can get my own formatted, and my recordings sound like they were made in a room that echoes slightly. The one I'm using is one of those tiny Acer ones. ARRRRGH.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Sorry, there's a question in this somewhere?

What exactly is your problem?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Sorry for the misunderstanding. My question is, how can I make my recordings sound studio-quality when Auphonic is down? I do not know how to get Audacity to filter out background noise and make the recordings sound professional.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

auphonic seems up for me right now :wink:

If you need help with your files, you should post a sample over in the "Listeners Wanted". The problem is that we don't know what auphonic exactly is doing to your audio, so it will be difficult if not impossible to recreate their settings and filters to give you the exact same output.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Availle wrote:auphonic seems up for me right now :wink:

If you need help with your files, you should post a sample over in the "Listeners Wanted". The problem is that we don't know what auphonic exactly is doing to your audio, so it will be difficult if not impossible to recreate their settings and filters to give you the exact same output.
Hmmmmmm.....that's bizarre. I can't get it on my laptop, but it comes up right away on a computer at my local library. Well, at least I know it's there now.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I believe we get 2 hours of processing for free each month. Perhaps you have used up your time?
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

philchenevert wrote:I believe we get 2 hours of processing for free each month. Perhaps you have used up your time?
Oh, I haven't used Auphonic in months, and the site came up right away on the library computer. But when I tried to access it on this laptop at home, it would give me a warning message every time. I am regretting borrowing this laptop.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Probably something with the security settings of the laptop/browser. You might be able to turn it off; if it says somewhere "I know the risks", click that and you can use the webpage as usual.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Availle wrote:Probably something with the security settings of the laptop/browser. You might be able to turn it off; if it says somewhere "I know the risks", click that and you can use the webpage as usual.
Yeah, that's probably exactly what it is. I hope I can get around it so I can truly get back in the game with my recording!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa